FS: Dell Studio 15 (1535, 1536, 1537, and 1555) US Backlit Keyboards

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Mastershroom, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    1) I have two backlit keyboards for the Dell Studio 15 series. One is for the earlier 1535/1536/1537 models (it will work with any of these three), <s>and one is for the new 1555 model.</s>

2) The 1535-1537 model keyboard was used by me since February of this year. Apart from the given fingerprints on the keys, it is in pretty much mint condition. I blew it out with compressed air regularly.

<s>The Studio 1555 keyboard is brand new, never used.</s>

3) Images. These two photos are both of the 1555 model's keyboard, but they are of the one that is in my actual laptop, not the new one for sale. The new one will look and function identically to the one pictured.

The 1535-1537 keyboard looks and functions the same as well, except it does not have the extra multimedia keys in the F1-F12 row. The keyboard is of the same dimensions as the 1555 keyboard, and the backlighting is the same white color.

Images are thumbnailed; click to enlarge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4) The Studio 1555 keyboard has been sold to jwromine. $30 for the like-new gently used 1535/1536/1537 keyboard.

5) Payment methods: I accept PayPal and physically mailed cash.

6) Free shipping to the United States and Canada. International shipping, or expedited shipping to the US or Canada, add $5 to the purchase price. Shipping will be done via United States Postal Service.

7) Two previous sales here at NBR; a T9500 mobile processor and an Intel WiFi Link 5100 card. Also, positive eBay feedback (100%, but only like 10, and only as a buyer. I've never sold on eBay), under my username "hrepicmi".

8) I am selling the 1535-1537 keyboard because I bought it aftermarket and installed it on my old 1535. When I returned my 1535 to Dell due to defects, I kept the backlit keyboard I bought and returned it with the original unlit keyboard that it came with.

<s>.The 1555 keyboard is for sale because I recently purchased one for my 1555, which came with an unlit standard keyboard. However, I was dispatched another 1555 backlit keyboard by a Dell employee I've been in contact with; he did not know I had just ordered one. So I basically got two but only paid for one. I installed one in my 1555, and the other one, completely new, is for sale.</s>

Both keyboards have the standard United States QWERTY layout. The 1555's F1-F12 row has additional functions as multimedia keys, including display brightness control, volume, playback functions, disk eject, WiFi control, and the keyboard's own backlight control.

They both have two levels of brightness, as well as off. The backlights can be set to turn off after a user-defined idle timer (via Dell QuickSet software), or to remain on until the user decides to turn them off. No extra drivers or anything are required to use these keyboards.

If the buyer requests, I can provide instructions on how to remove your old unlit keyboard and install this one easily, most likely in the span of 10 minutes, for both the 1535-1537 and 1555 models. Note that this process is extremely simple and WILL NOT void your warranty.

Functionally, these keyboards feel exactly the same as their unlit counterparts, so there's really no getting used to anything, except maybe seeing in the dark. ;)

Neither of these items comes with a manufacturer's warranty, but I will back each of them with my own 30 days (from date of shipping) guarantee. If you don't like it, find a defect, or find that it is incompatible with your system (although please, do your homework before buying), then you simply pay to ship it back to me and I will refund your money in full via PayPal, 100%. No questions asked unless the keyboard returns to me damaged, or otherwise in worse shape than I sent it out.

This is a great update for those Studio 15 owners looking for a nice extra feature, and it makes heads turn. The backlit keys really are quite nice. :)

Thanks for looking! :D

UPDATE: The 1555 model backlit keyboard has been sold to member jwromine. The 1535/1536/1537 model backlit keyboard is still available!

Cheers,
    Brendon/Shroom

2. xxbadboys93

xxbadboys93 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    10 dollars for the studio 1537 keyboard and you got your self a deal.

3. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    Please don't lowball me.

4. xxbadboys93

Reputations:
    I think thats a fair deal, it would be helpful to customers if you take pictures of the back of the keyboard.

5. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    Well, I don't think selling it for 1/5 of what I paid for it when it's in pristine condition is a fair deal. And I'll get some pictures of the keyboard separate from the laptop today.

6. xxbadboys93

Reputations:
    Fine 15 dollars for the s1537 one, cmon man i am poor and this is a gamble for me because i might have to hot glue the ribbon down

7. Aryq46254

Aryq46254 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Don't lowball him ;) It's easily worth the $35.00 he's asking since its practically in the same condition one costing $45+ elsewhere would cost. Plus he's a good dude on these forums! Full of knowledge, that should count for something ;)

~Aryq~

8. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    Here's a deal: $35. :p

If you're poor, go sell blood plasma, you can easily make $50 in a week.
    Thank you, Eric. :D

9. peli_kan

peli_kan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    $10 for a like new 1535/1536/1537 keyboard? Are you kidding me? That not even within shouting distance of the street price.

10. xxbadboys93

Reputations:
    Ok but i said 15 dollars and Iam not rich like half these people on the forums that get brand new laptops every 5 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.