FS: Dell Adamo 13; HP ENVY 14 MINT!!!!

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by sleey0, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaster

blaster 1 tequila, 2,3,4,5, floor

Reputations:
    I don't want to sound like a jerk , but seems that you are stuck with the adamo. Unfortunately, the bank will not do anything about it because they will be losing money by replacing the amount you paid. plus the tracking number from seller will be more than enough for them to settle the case. I bought a walking belt for a treadmill and the seller sent me a box full of books. I went to my bank account and they temporally credited the money to my account, however, they removed that money afterwards, since they said that they contacted the seller and he provided tracking info showing that it was delivered. I went to the bank several times and they said that they reviewed the case and unfortunately there was nothing they could to since the seller had more evidence than i did. (bank of america 1 year ago) However, i may be wrong, so don't wait any more and talk to your bank branch immediately.

2. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    It depends on if they handle it as a good credit card would.

The few times I've been subject to an unethical seller, and they actually shipped the wrong/broken/different item, when PayPal failed to do the right thing, I shipped the item back, then I contested it directly with the credit card company informing them that the item shipped was broken/defective/not as described, and each and every time I was credited back. Their primary concern was that the item(s) had been returned to the proper address with valid tracking information. I do a lot of business with my credit card, so am not sure if it is a product of a high volume of purchasing versus a relatively low amount of charge backs, but they did come through each and every time.

I've dealt with Slee0 in the past and had no problems with the purchase of a CPU, RAM and memory, but desperate/hard times can bring about desperate/hard actions.

3. lastrebelstanding

lastrebelstanding Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi Kev,

I recommend you handle the situation in the following order:

1. File a police report
    - Always state that you've filed a police report when making a claim with either PayPal, your bank or your credit/debit card company as this will help harden your case.
    File a police report as soon as possible, the longer you wait the less believable your story will sound to the police.

2. Contact PayPal to make a claim
    - Even if you already know that PayPal won't help you it's still a good idea to contact them first because as per PayPal's terms and conditions they are the primary contact when making a claim because they act as a middleman for the transaction.
    Remember that when you send money with your credit/debit card through PayPal that you're not sending somebody your money directly!
    You're only sending your money to PayPal and they pass it on to the receiving person.
    Therefore, when you're making a claim with your credit/debit card company they will take the money for the refund directly from PayPal instead of the receiving person and more then likely your PayPal account will go into negative and PayPal will ask for their money back.

3. If PayPal doesn't value your claim and refuse to refund then you should do a chargeback with your credit/debit card company or your bank
    - Tell them what steps you've already taken and don't hesitate to go into detail.
    The more information you've got about the whole transaction when making a claim the more it will harden your case and I'm pretty sure a decision will be made in your favor.

A few tips:
    - Preferably get all your communication in writing
    - When speaking with people over the phone, always get their names and ask for direct contact numbers or extensions and make a record of when you spoke with them and what has been said.
    - Keep records of everything, names, dates, people you've contacted, phone numbers and addresses, ... , EVERYTHING
    - And finally, never lie or omit things even if you may think it might help your case, it won't!
    All parties involved will do their own research anyway and the more honest and truthful information you can provide will help in their investigation and make you sound more believable.

If you need any more help or advise you can always send me a PM.

Good luck and keep us updated! We'll support you any way we can!

4. sleey0

sleey0 R.I.P. AW Side Topics

Reputations:
    For all you a$$hats that think I ripped him off well, you couldn't be further from the truth.

If you must know I just spent slightly over a month in the hospital and was near death. 2 weeks of laying in a bed, non-responsive and pissing and $hitting myself. Yeah, good times and totally worth $1400. /sarcasim

For those folks who know me and stood by me, thank you. I have contributed a lot to these boards and would never rip anyone off. For those that didn't, go fondle yourselves.

Now I am in a wheelchair and awaiting a prosthetic limb as I lost my left leg (below the knee) among other non-critical injuries.

His Envy is going out first thing Monday.

~Wes

5. sleey0

Reputations:
    It isn't my fauly some jacka$$ UPS employee took it.

I have written numerous letters and threatened lawsuits over that situation and they will absolutely not honor there end of the insurance I purchased over it.

I really don't know what to do over that. I am still, to this day, trying to get a hold of corporate.

I know what I shipped and it wasn't some book.

6. sleey0

Reputations:

That system went to one of my longtime peeps here- mandrake. At the time, I had several offers, that is why I raised the price.

I can do what ever the heck I want - it was my system. Besides, I paid a ton more than $1k for it so stop crying.

7. 3demons

3demons Battlefield 3 Ace

Reputations:
    be that as it may, were we wrong to think that you ripped him off since we havent heard from you in almost a month...? if i was in his shoes id be frustrated again.

...btw hope u feel better! :)

8. sleey0

Reputations:
    Sorry that I am now handicapped.

The last thing on my mind was my daughters; not a laptop.

I have already contacted him Friday and apologized.

And thank you for the support!

9. corpses3

corpses3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Was the buyer here refunded for the 2nd item purchased?

10. Alien FlyBoy

Alien FlyBoy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, the Envy was posted last monday.

Did it arrive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.