FS: Clevo M980NU/Commanche SLI/NP9850

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by jnovello, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Yeah, every time I see this, I fight the urge to pick it up and add it to the arsenal. Someone is going to realize with Throttlestop, insane Clevo cooling and still decent GPU subsystem, $999 is a killer price. Maybe the lack of PayPal is factoring in?

2. DanLar75

DanLar75 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any chance you would be interested in trading for a 'Like New' HP Elitebook 8440p with pretty much maxed out upgrades (1600x900, 3G, 160GB SSD, Upgraded Wlan, Bluetooth, added battery, i7 processor etc) + maybe some cash?

3. jnovello

jnovello Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I thought you were doing some testing and was going to get back to me...

4. jnovello

Reputations:
    I've done years on Ebay, but I honestly can not stomach how much they make off fees and Paypal payment fees. Especially on big ticket items like this one. I am sure that may be a deterrent, but I do offer other options that are safe and credit card friendly.

5. GapItLykAMaori

GapItLykAMaori Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. jnovello

Reputations:
    Sorry, I can not ship internationally. Regardless of insurance, I am unwilling to risk any possibility of damage to this machine.

7. jnovello

Reputations:
    Seriously, Ebay/Paypal would take more than $200 from this sale. I need to be able to buy something after this, or at least parts for a future build.

8. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    If you use paypal by itself, it only takes like 3%......I have used USPS money orders to sell a laptop and it went very well for me.

9. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Yeah Scook9 is right. PayPal 3% = $29.27 on a 999.00 sale. Computer items, eBay doesn't take nearly as much as for non-computer items but it will still be ~5%

I keep a spreadsheet with the newest eBay/PP/S&H calculations.

For your item, I'd use UPS, as UPS ground will get it shipped for ~$40-45 tops CONUS. Generate your S&H manifest online, as it will be cheaper than going to a store front/ authorized UPS center. Then just drop it off to the UPS center.

WORST CASE scenario if you listed it through eBay including 6 pictures for $999 INCLUDING S&H, your total take would be $872.53

If you sell directly here via PayPal for $999 including S&H, then it would be $924.73.

10. cookinwitdiesel

cookinwitdiesel Retired Bencher

Reputations:
    Can you tell he spends alot of time selling stuff online? lol

If you make the payment easier this will probably sell immediately as there is clearly interest in the laptop, just not the way it is being sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.