FS: brand new Clevo p870dm-g barebone gxt 980m, no VAT for EU

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by tanzmeister, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranquil911

tranquil911 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox. would you be able to flick me a PM please, in regards to contributing to the cause.
    (I cant figure out how to pm you myself - can only assume its a profile option which you have understandably disabled!)

Jon Webb and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It's here. Everything looks great. Thank you @Jon Webb and @tanzmeister. God bless both of you gentlemen.

Exactly 8 calendar days from Finland to Phoenix via USPS is pretty good time, too. :vbthumbsup:

I put a spare 256GB M.2 and a 1TB 7200 RPM HDD and 16GB of spare HyperX Impact with XMP DDR4-3000 in it. (So glad I never sold those items.) This weekend I will take it apart to manually program the @Prema KBL beta to the BIOS chip so it can boot 7700K. Thanks to Brother Prema for that and Brother @bloodhawk for the chip dump.

Let the good times roll.

hmscott, Papusan, Prema and 7 others like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I think I am going to name this beast "El Machote" [translation]

hmscott, Jon Webb, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    This reminds me about Azor. His favorite phrase:D

hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I never pay attention to him any more, so I have not heard him say that. If he says this frequently I may have to choose a different name. Or, maybe he should stop using it so inappropriately. :vbwink:

Hey, I know... I can change it to Machote Grandote... or Machote Mejor

Anyhow, it's alive are ready to starting kicking butt and taking names. Another BGA serial killer on the prowl with the Power of @Prema

P870DM-G | 7700K | 32GB DDR4-3000 | 980M (x1) to be replaced by MSI 1080 (x1)

El_Machote_Grandote.JPG

KY_BULLET, hmscott, Dr. AMK and 4 others like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    He will never change Fox. In Same way as Dellienware will never change the filthy Trashbooks hardware he is chief commander for!!

I just wanted to warn you. Getting sick when I hear this word. Reminds me too much about the sinking ship:cool:

7. Jon Webb

Jon Webb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this before anyone reads it and gets upset or feels left out.
    The bios for the 870DM running a Kaby Lake 7700K is a @Prema "BETA" bios. I know Mr. Fox and at least one other person have this, maybe more. Not because they're them but because they can install it, make it work and if there's an issue, fix it and or report back to Prema. If I or I'm sure others had access to this bios before it was ready there'd be nothing but problems, and probably a lot of Bricked systems. If everything works well I'm sure it'll be available eventually.

8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think El Machote is a great name, reminds me of El Machete, also a good name. :)

@Papusan, here you go I hope this cleanses your palette, both barrels ;)
    machete_kills_sofia-vergara.jpg
    machete-kills-poster-13.jpg

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    I'm sick of Badass!!:hi:
    upload_2017-8-27_4-47-31.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    OK, I will go with @hmscott and @j95 suggestion of El Machete instead. Can't have my Brother @Papusan puking like that on my account.

Anyway, Azor doesn't sell anything that runs like this. And, I'm not even warmed up yet. @tanzmeister this is a awesome machine. I hope you sell out all you have. Free advertisement below.

[​IMG]
    @Jon Webb is right - it's not ready for Prime time yet. Had to try three times on the BIOS programming before it would take. It will be worth the wait. No reason for anyone to feel left out. It has already been bricked and fixed and I've had it less than 48 hours.

KY_BULLET, j95, Jon Webb and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.