FS: Alienware m17x R3/R4 LCD assembly with OEM lasercut bezel (ultimate anti glare mod)

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by _Drake_, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Drake_

_Drake_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Alienware m17x R3/R4 LCD assembly with OEM lasercut bezel (ultimate anti glare mod)

Price: €100 EUR

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: Sold my R4

Payment: Bank transfer

Item location: Nieuwveen, South Holland, Netherlands

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service
    International shipping: Yes (but only to well know NBR members)
    Handling time: Ships within next business day of receiving cleared payment

Specifications:

Please read the entire post so you know what it is and what you get ;) !!!.

Alright my adventures with my R4 is over and it's has already been sold for about 4 months now. However I still had this little project laying around which I was kinda of hesitant to sell.

So it's a R3 assembly (or R4 for that matter since they are the same aside from the front Alienware logo led module, but more on that later) modded with an oem bezel that has been laser cut. The idea was keep my R4 as oem looking is as possible but without the nasty front 'glass' like plastic cover.

The front cover was removed and laser cut into a bezel. Needless to say this took quite some time and money. I was planning to make more of them and this is basically a prototype, the bezel itself was from a used assembly and has some scratches and pitmarks. A new (fake) bezel has been cut as well but too high ( it will however be included as well for the new owner).The new bezel is not yet 'permanently' mounted, six pieces of thin double sided tape currently hold it to the assembly, sturdy enough but you can still remove it easily. For permanent use I would advise to simply use more tape ;).

The lcd mounted in the assembly is a 60hz full hd AUO B173HW01 v5. Arguably the best LVDS TN display that ever has been made (and it's very rare nowadays, I was quite lucky to find one):
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/my-god-its-beautiful-b173hw01-v5-upgrade.577259/

As said before the assembly is from an R3 so the light does not work in a R4 machine (but you can easily swap the led module from an R4 assembly to make the Alienware logo visible again). A black back cover is included as well but it would suggest to use your own (it's not in a great shape).

The price for all of this is 100 Euro, which is probably about 1/3 of what I invested aside from the time in this project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    triturbo and maxslo like this.
  2. _Drake_

_Drake_ Notebook Consultant