FS: Alienware 17 R4 laptop (partially working)

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by NB_Neenja, Nov 13, 2019.

1. NB_Neenja

NB_Neenja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Alienware 17 R4

Price: $500 USD

Condition: For parts or repair

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: See below

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Jacksonville, FL

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Specifications:
    i7-6700HQ
    16GB DDR4
    GTX 1070
    128GB SSD
    1080P FHD IPS
    Win 10 Home

I bought this AW17 in non-working condition from a local seller on Craigslist. It had a shorted motherboard, so I ordered a refurbished one from Dell. As soon as I installed the new motherboard and put it back together, I noticed smoke coming from the bottom air holes. So I tested the new motherboard and seems the sound card is gone, and part of the GPU. It will turn on and load Windows. It won't run Unigine Valley with DirectX API, but it will run with OpenGL API.

I'm not sure the full extent of the damage, but it's possible the GPU may work at less than 100% with a BIOS flash. I can send the motherboard back to Dell, but I'm checking if there is anyone interested in buying in it's current state. I'm looking to get back what I have in it which is $500 (minus shipping and PayPal fees). If there's no interest I'll send the motherboard back to Dell in a couple days.

[​IMG]

Imgur Pics

https://imgur.com/a/JGTJklr
    Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    Hi, I would highly suggest you send the new board back if you have a chance of a return for a refund. and other than that I may be interested in its dead corpses state anyway with its original dead board installed and all that came with it. Please feel free to PM me if you're willing to post to Ireland. Thanks