FS: 6 MXM 2.1 TYPE III VGA: 3 HP NVIDIA QUADRO 2700m 512mb AND 3 HP NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800m GTS 512mb

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by rcboyit, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcboyit

rcboyit Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    1) MXM III HP QUADRO 2700M VIDEO CARD FOR 8730W

PART NUMBER: 493983-001

Tech specs

2) New, only tested

3) [​IMG]

3) Other pictures

4) Price requested 150€ EACH (nearest offer)

5) Only bank to bank transfer

6) Shipping as requested: standard post, courier, whatever! (I prefer not to ship outside of EU because of customs and all that stuff)

7) 245 (100% positive) feedback on ebay as PCWIZZUL

8) No warranty but perfectly working cards. I was able to test them on my 8730w and they work fine. They might work on other laptops and other brands too with MXM III slot as they have the standard pcb layout for nvidia MXM III cards. However I take no responsability in case this card is not compatible with your specific laptop. All sales are final and cards are sold AS IS.
    Great for whoever is looking for an upgrade or a cheap repair. great for gaming too. It gets a good 8000pts at 3dmark06! Great for CUDA acceleration too or cad/3d works. I have 3 of them for sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) MXM III HP NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800M GTS 512mb VIDEO CARD FOR HP HDX 9XXX "THE DRAGON" 20"

PART NUMBER: 454311-001

Tech specs

2) New

3) [​IMG]

3) Other pictures

4) Price requested 100€ EACH (nearest offer)

5) Only bank to bank transfer

6) Shipping as requested: standard post, courier, whatever! (I prefer not to ship outside of EU because of customs and all that stuff)

7) 245 (100% positive) feedback on ebay as PCWIZZUL

8) No warranty. I bought these cards as "new and perfectly working" but I wasn't able to test them on my 8730w, so I assume they work only on the HP DRAGON they were designed for. But I might be wrong and they might work on other laptops and other brands too. I take no responsability in case this card is not compatible with your specific laptop. All sales are final and cards are sold AS IS.
    Great for whoever is looking for an upgrade or a cheap repair or a test. great for gaming, it gets a good 8000pts at 3dmark06! Great for CUDA acceleration too. I have 3 of them for sale.

2. niffcreature

niffcreature ex computer dyke

Reputations:
    Ahh so thats where those come from (hp 8800 gts)!
    now why on earth do they look so different from the fx 3600m for the 8710p?

the fx 2700m will totally work on clevos, alienwares with bios support, etc just fyi...
    edit:
    Your pricing is weird. the 8800 gts is a much better card :confused:

3. rcboyit

rcboyit Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    why hp made such a strange card? no idea! we should ask them!

well thanks for confirming that the quadro works in other laptops too.

as for the pricing quadros are usually more expensive, and according to Notebookcheck those 2 cards are quite similar.
    furthermore the quadros are tested and perfectly working while I couldn't test the geforces so I can only sell those as tested but not personally tested. and finally if the are compatible only with the hdx dragon only a few buyers might be interested....
    anyway if you want to offer more you're welcome! :D

4. dwend

dwend Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a question,
    Are you willing to ship a 8800mGTS to the US? I am willing to pay a reasonable extra amount for customs.

5. rcboyit

rcboyit Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    pm sent.........

6. tik987

tik987 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    how so do they work for the alienware? i need to flash or the bios on them are good to go? thanks in advance!

7. niffcreature

Reputations:
    There is no VBIOS modification support and I have never seen any 9700m GTS vbios but I think they will work as 2700m. I had a HP 2700m working on my clevo once.

I don't want to seriously threadcrap or anything but the price on those 2700m is a bit high. You can get them on Ebay for 110 USD.

8. tik987

tik987 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    so ok your saying only the 2700m will work without any modifications, leaving the 8800gts out of the picture? or this also requires no modification as its the same bios as the 2700m? And perhaps the 8800gts fits the m9700i-r1 model without any problems?
    thanks in advance

9. niffcreature

Reputations:
    These are both HP cards. There is no way to know for sure whether or not they will work on alienwares.
    All I know is that the HP 2700m works on my Clevo.

I do have an HDX dragon with that exact 8800m GTS card in it. I cannot take it out and test it in my clevo, but what I can do perhaps is flash it to a Alienware 9800m. If it works then it will probably work in your alienware.

You will likely be able to get the 8800m gts to work. If the 2700m does not work then its much less likely there is anything you can do about it.
    I would go for the 8800m gts.

10. rcboyit

rcboyit Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The 8800m are all sold! They were bought by people who were looking for an upgrade for they hp hdx dragon.
    I think it's much more probable the quadro works in an alienware as it share the same physical layout as the standard 8800m and 9800m series. If I had to buy a card to test in an alienware I'd go for the quadro. It has impressive direct3d performance. Even if many people say quadro are not right for games I can tell you I played many heavy titles on the 2700m and it worked flawlessly.
    There's still one for sale!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.