Free to grab: Pine is free on the Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Papusan, May 7, 2021.

1. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Free to grab: Pine is free on the Epic Games Store guru3d.com | 05/07/2021

Epic Games Store has put on offer Pine for this week’s giveaway, taking the place of a premium pack for Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms.

Pine is an indie action-adventure title originally released in October of 2019 following a successful Kickstarter campaign. It features a simulated open-world with NPCs following a set of rules rather than a pre-defined path or logic. Get Pine for free at Epic Games Store until 5 PM CET Thursday, May 13th 2021.

Just head over to Epic Games Store or navigate to the game in their launcher before May 13th 2021, add the game to your cart and checkout. Simple as that. After that, the game is yours to keep, and play, forever.

2. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Courtesy of the paying Fortnite players.

Papusan likes this.
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've bought a couple things from EGS, granted probably over 90% of my library there is the free stuff they've given out.

JRE84, Vistar Shook and unlogic like this.
  4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If I'd like the game, I'd much rather pay $20 on Steam for it. I have to say I feel pretty good for having resisted the free games temptations from epic and never made an account...

saturnotaku likes this.
  5. unlogic

unlogic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    From May 13 to Jun 10, EGS it is expected to have the yearly Mega Sale. Yay for $10 coupon and more free games!

6. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Got into an argument with a friend regarding EPIC store and forgot I had it installed after that.

I just wish they would work on more of the community aspect of the store instead of continually injecting more free stuff. I mean sure that is the hook, but where is the staying power? All I see is Fortnite and various ways to pay for it.

Vistar Shook and Falkentyne like this.
  7. unlogic

unlogic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For a person who just want to play games alone (single player) and do not have interest on community stuffs, I think EGS is perfectly fine for a minority like me:)

hfm likes this.
  8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah I don't mind it at all either as I play SP games 99% of the time. As long as I can launch the games I don't really care, I only fire any of the storefront platforms up when I'm about to play a game anyway. I don't need Steam or any of them running constantly and I only use the steam forums once in a while. If they just had forums it would be fine. I guess reddit can just take the place of all of those anyway for the most part.

I suppose if you used the Steam community to chat with people and play MP games it's more advantageous.

Prototime and Vistar Shook like this.
  9. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    And that is completely fine, but its out of context for what began the argument.

But lets continue in that same lane, the only reason I cared about the steam "community" was not really the people involved, but the information that was shared there. It allowed for me set a target framerate of one of my favorite single player titles, Mass Effect; via Notepad++. EGS doesnt have that, at all. In fact you just get people complaining about EGS related topics on steam because there is no space for the community to divulge information in the first place.

I dont use Steam forums/community for MP titles or even really to chat with anyone, it just so happens to come up often when I am looking for a solution to a problem via google for games like Mass Effect and Dead Space 1/2 (first couple of examples that came to mind)

To be clear here, Im not saying one is better than the other, thats not my position. I just think with how much money they are getting with Fortnite, and how much they are continually throwing away in free licenses, you'd think they would work on other aspects to garner staying power. To me that side of things seems quite lacking.

The problem I had with my friend though is he got refunds for all his Paragon purchases, so his bias was made clear that EPIC could do no wrong.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    hfm and Vistar Shook like this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    jesus just checked my epic library i have like 10 good games 15 ok 1 bad and i only bought two....un real im starting to like epic dare i say

hfm and Vistar Shook like this.