Ford Mustang Mach-E 2020 / 2021

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by hmscott, Nov 18, 2019.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The Mach-E is a crossover mashup of a "Mustang" + Tesla Model Y, it's not really a Mustang, it looks far more like a Tesla Model Y than a Mustang.

New Breed: Introducing the Mustang Mach-E | Ford
    Ford Motor Company
    Published on Nov 17, 2019
    The wait is over. Introducing the all-electric Mustang Mach-E. The all-new, Mustang inspired, fully electric performance utility vehicle has a targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles with an Extended range battery and RWD.* The 2021 Mustang Mach-E is targeting 0-60 in under a 4 second range when equipped on the GT with extended battery and AWD. Reserve your Mustang Mach-E here: http://ford.to/MustangMachE By completing the reservation process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Terms and conditions apply. Vehicle available late 2020.

Mustang Mach-E World Debut
    Ford Motor Company
    Streamed live 3 hours ago
    New breed. New Era. Introducing the all-electric #MustangMachE. Reserve your Mustang Mach-E here: http://ford.to/MustangMachE By completing the reservation process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Terms and conditions apply. Vehicle available late 2020.

Ford Takes On Tesla: How Does The Mustang Mach-E Compare To The Model Y?
    TFLnow
    Published on Nov 17, 2019
    The Ford Mustang Mach-E is the first ever Ford Mustang SUV. It is also the first ever electric Mustang and the first ever with AWD. But how does it compare with other BEV from Tesla, Audi and Jaguar. We compare them in this review of the all new Mach-E, including the fast high spec GT model.

LIVE From The Ford Mustang Mach-E Event
    TheStraightPipes
    Streamed live 3 hours ago

2. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Because the world could do with more electric crossovers. It would be interesting to get Bob Lutz's comment on their own creation, considering he had the following to say about the Model Y:
    I agree completely that the rear of the Model X and Y are stretched out and hideous versions of their sedan siblings', but I don't think the Mach-E's looks that great either. Way to water down the Mustang badge and answer only to guesstimated market demand.

[​IMG]

Here's a more positive first impression video to help cancel out my sour take on the vehicle:

hmscott likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, I saw the Top Gear video, they did such good work on the Taycan vs Tesla Drag Race I thought I'd drop them from the playlist for a while... ;)

FORD Steps on Tesla's Tail with the Mustang Mach E
    E for Electric
    Published on Nov 18, 2019
    Ford has just unveiled an all electric Mustang Mach E which many believe will compete with Tesla Model Y, but will it? I report directly from the sight of the unveiling in Hawthorne, California.

The design queue's on the GT more closely match a "Mustang" to me, the color too. The red one to me reminds me more of the Tesla design queue's. IDK, actually they are both making me like the original current Mustang better :)

I guess that's a good thing too, reminding people that the current Mustang's days are numbered... not sure if any EOL is listed for the GT gas models...what year?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Convel likes this.