For a graphic designer with main use of heavy photoshop and illustrator files. Budget up to 2500eur.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Stitch19, May 25, 2020.

1. Stitch19

Stitch19 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    • First of all I am in Europe(Cyprus) and where I live everything is overpriced and not much variety.
    • My main source will be ebay uk and amazon uk. Razer online store, plus any other online stores that deliver all over EU with English keyboard(almost none).
    • Its a laptop I want to use for the next 5 years so any low end laptop will not make it for me. As far as I know 16GB of RAM is a must. GPU is not something that my apps need but I wouldn't say no to a gaming laptop. In rare occasions I do game. If I don't get a gaming laptop i will spend the 300-500$ saved money on a PS5. A really good color correct screen is also a must. No OLED, I know about the burn-in and I am 100% sure at least for for now OLED is not a great investment for a long term laptop.
    • I am currently between a Macbook Pro 16", Razer Blade 15" 2020, and Dell XPS 15 2020. Any other suggestions and what would you pick?
    • To be honest I am leaning towards a MAC even if Im a windows user as I think in long term it will be the only laptop that is going to remain speedy and reliable. Although that new Razer Blade seems like such a nice laptop.

2. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why not the new 16:10 XPS 17, its almost the same size as the older 15" laptops..
    A Mac thermal throttles from factory, if you do any batch rendering it will be slow(compared to what the hardware is capable if it wasn't so limited in cooling)

3. Stitch19

Stitch19 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have seen several reviews and the latest 16" has solved the 15" throttling issues. As for the XPS 17 I cant find it anywhere in stock in Europe and on the online Dell store for Europe its also not there.

4. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It was announced a couple days ago, give it some time, if you can wait a bit.

5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The ThinkPad T590 with the 4K LCD might be worth a look. It probably will have international warranty service as well. If you want something with a better GPU the workstations like the P53 might fit too.