First rumours about xx80 series: 8780w to have huge air vents

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by Indrek, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Newbie

Reputations:
    It seems, HP made some new entries on their side. It looks like, one model will be called "F0U60EA" in Europe.
    Google seems to find some of the Official HP Sides for the ZBook 15, but you cant open them, without being redirected to the main HP Notebook list.

Found some more pictures:

c03793866.png c03793933.png

Looks really Bulky.... :mad:

2. disco4178

disco4178 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm an HP fan, and have a 8560w. But this supposed upcoming model is just not attractive to me. I think the FORGE design is great, if just a bit bulky.

It seems they're following Whitman's order to homogenize their lineup for an HP "look." My sister just got an ENVY TouchSmart laptop, and it's quite fetching! However, the renders look like a mashup of the FORGE and current design. The tooling (especially the hinge) is already made, and perhaps they're riding it out one more year.

Maybe the next go will be more inspired and inline with their Z desktops. It would be freakin' cool if they had toolless access to all major internal parts with the green touchpoints and all.

The Dell m3800 looks fantastic, save for the lack of numeric keypad, trackpad buttons/trackpoint and ethernet port (Come on, it's on the XPS 15!). I'm guessing HP will make one like it, but with those three things... and it will be a little thicker. Their m47xx/m67xx seem brilliantly designed, and the next mobile workstation I get I could go either way on.

It looks like Apple is officially abandoning the Pro market using Intel graphics on their next MacBook "Pros," so HP and Dell (and Lenovo) will easily rule the roost for power and performance... Looking forward to all the official announcements.

3. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    I don't think so. Apple (as much as I hate to admit) is making another smart move to abandon the useless dGPU and use Iris Pro instead. The HD 5200 is just as powerful as most midrange descrete cards anyways, thus saving big time on power consumption => better battery life. I'd love to get a 13" machine with i7-4950HQ and no dGPU. That + retina screen + decent storage + 16GB RAM + RJ45, would be my dream machine. The biggest problem I have with elitebooks and most other contenders is poor cooling.

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Newbie

Reputations:
    Here you go. Some more information’s I found about the new ZBook 15 and 17. :thumbsup:

I found this Information’s on a Swedish online seller side:

Compliq System AB / Sök resultat

pic1.jpg

It seems, there will be Thunderbolt and the possibility to use the Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Nvidia/AMD! If I’m correct.... :D

p.s.

I don't know, how to make the preview of the img bigger?

5. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    Uwva used to mean dreamcolor ips, are they having a new uwva screen?

6. repman244

repman244 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Iris pro is very very expensive and not to mention it's not in the same league as FirePro and Quadro cards. Intel's drivers are poor, even more so for a workstation. dGPU's will stay in the workstations for now since they provide much higher performance in CAD (OpenGL).
    Another option could be a FirePro APU but we all know the CPU side of it isn't that great.

7. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    Yeah, I have to admit that for CAD and other professional apps you do need a quadro/firepro. I don't really use any of the pro apps anymore so it's not a biggie, but after taking a closer look at reviews - will be sticking to dGPU for at least another year. Main problem for me is that the 4x50HQ processors that have HD 5200, tend to run very hot when both the CPU and GPU are stressed 100% and there's some obvious throttling. The actual power draw is way above the rated 47W and given poor cooling in most modern notebooks (with vendors cutting corners everywhere and trying to shave off every possible mm/gr), the conclusion is fairly obvious.

8. scrlk

scrlk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The choice of using the K1100M for the GPU is interesting, to say the least - bit underpowered for a 15.6" laptop?

9. rahasyavadi

rahasyavadi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you include the Dell 6#00M in that category regarding cooling?

10. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    No, M6x00's have very good cooling (for a business rig). They sport dual fan setup and can handle the heat well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.