Firepro M6100 into AW 17?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Mastermind5200, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I hear it's a pretty good machine.

I Uninstalled the HD graphics and now I have a black screen. Was letting it sit for a bit and something got installed but still no dice. For the moment peg mode is a no go.

When you get back to your pad, could you get a screenshot of your vbios version? If I can get my screen back I want to be able to compare, see if it's something obvious like that.

Now I have a mouse cursor but still a black screen lol, probably means I need a reboot but the hdd led is buzzing quite a bit still. Probably just doom 2016 d/l

2. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It better be, $1000 for a laptop is not something I can take lightly

Make sure that you have the M6100 drivers installed as well. I have honestly no idea what mode I run it in, but when switched to the dGPU through I/D GFX, its the only one in device manager (even with Intel drivers installed)
    Black screen with cursor has happened to me before, I usually just wait it out for a minute (SSDs are nice!) or restart(7 second boot when it doesn't screw up!)

I'll do my best. IIRC its a later version M6100, the last few digits are .04933 or something. Whats weird is that I disabled and uninstalled the iGPU drivers and it just switched to the M6100. Also, mine shows up as an 8950 device manager, so that may be why, but the FirePro drivers install automatically, not the normal ones

3. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Ah you used the firepro drivers? I installed the 8900m series drivers, definitely worth a trial and error.

It installed something as my 3rd monitor back light came on, rebooting now.

Yeah the ranger was my p870 for me. I plan to get the acer helios 500 AMD laptop at some point provided it works well.

4. Mastermind5200

Reputations:
    Yea
    Yeah, it automatically installed (I checked windows update in settings and there it was) if you want to do it manually, use the Dell M6800 drivers for the M6100, it recognizes it either way

5. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Yep it was the Intel HD driver reinstalled. Back at my desktop now. Downloading specified drivers, thanks for the tip.

I had reinstalled command center before we started all this. There was no action taken when I used the Fn key as I had advised you. That may be because of the type of driver I used. Hopefully it doesn't get all janky with me when I use DDU to cleanly remove the driver.

Mastermind5200 likes this.
  6. Mastermind5200

Reputations:
    I just spammed it a bunch and it came up eventually

7. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    That did the trick, consumer drivers didn't allow that function I guess. Now in PEG mode with my m6100.

Fps performance seems to be similar but now without a bunch of lag in valley.

Still downloading doom and will also test some games in dolphin emulator, both use Vulcan api

Going to look at the vbios mod next.

Mastermind5200 likes this.
  8. Mastermind5200

Reputations:
    Just about to head into that, maybe I can finally lower the clocks so it doesn't fry itself

9. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Fry? This card runs cooler than the 780m for me currently. Im hoping to juice it to the gills lol

10. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I'm back to not being able to post again, yikes this is a moody card

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.