Firepro M6100 into AW 17?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Mastermind5200, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Meh, I got things to do to keep me busy in the mean time.

This m4600 is my plex machine more than gaming terminal. Plus buying a barebones m6600 I could easily port over everything from this laptop to that one and put the m6100 I have it and have a fully operational system. its a crappy situation for sure, but there are always options on the table if you can chillax a bit and see them.

barebones m6600 is like a hundred bucks or so usually lol, cheaper than a mobo for my Ranger

2. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That would be the smarter move IMO but your decision

3. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Well sorta, 15mm hdd doesn't fit cleanly. Wouldn't want it for a daily driver unless I needed it. It's an option but not something I'd want to invest into unless a barebones came along and was dirt cheap.

Time will tell

Mastermind5200 likes this.
  4. Danyel254

Danyel254 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Grant B.!! You have tested de Fire Pro M6100 on AW M17x r2? it’s work? It’s plug and play? The ati 5870m stock heatsink work whit this?

5. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This thread is about it in the AW 17 R1 (M17X R5) I did try it in my friends M17X R2, but it would boot into Bios/Windows and shutdown almost instantly, but shortly after that I realized the charger was broken and it wasn't charging and it died. The heatsink was basically plug and play IIRC, and the while it was restarting after about 30 seconds, the BIOS looked fine, no incorrect colors. You can try it if you want, it's only a $40 investment or so

At the moment, I don't have either machine in my possession

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.