Firepro M6100 into AW 17?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Grant B Gibson, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was browsing ebay when I saw this card for $55. Naturally, I couldn't refuse, and so I bought this and the 100w heatsink (it was $21 extra) to help out, and hopefully successfully install it. I will edit this post with various updates as I proceed.

EDIT #1 It boots perfectly fine, the usual driver issue is there, I'm going to try to download the Precision M6700 drivers and see if that works, I'll update again when ready

EDIT #2 Yeah drivers are an issue, but other than that, it seems to be working fine

EDIT #3 The GPU is no longer showing up in windows (Code 45)

EDIT #4
    Wow after a few restarts, everything is working fine! I'll post some benchmarks, but I doubt it'll be much different than my 765M. I don't know how the drivers managed to install, but it may have been me opening the driver.exe file, restarting the PC, and it installing while the GPU was still "recognized" by the system

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    sicily428 likes this.
  2. Grant B Gibson

Reputations:
    Now I'm going to try and use the MUX (I/D GFX) button to see what happens lol

EDIT#5 I wonder if I am the first to do this lol

EDIT#6 No GPU native fan control, and it isn't spinning even with HWinfo64, and the temp is slowly going up. The MUX (I/D GFX) button didn't seem to work, oh well.

EDIT#7 Everything seems to work fine, but my PSU doesn't seem capable of handling it, odd, considering its "180w". As well the MUX switch works nicely, seems that it not working was a AW software issue. Going to try to flash with improved vBIOS

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    sicily428 likes this.
  3. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Have you tried running pre-adrenaline drivers on the consumer side?

I didnt need Firepro drivers when I was using the m5100, it would display as m200x but that wasnt an issue.

4. Grant B Gibson

Reputations:
    It already recognizes it as a 8950m and auto installed the Firepro Drivers