1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Fingerprint reader not working

Discussion in 'HP & Compaq' started by mo`, Aug 1, 2011.

1. mo`

mo` Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys I could really use some help. My fingerprint reader is no longer working, I'm not sure what happened because it just stopped a few hours ago out of no where when it was working just fine.

When I swipe my finger the digital persona software doesn't come up and at the windows login screen it says reader not detected.

I actually think that the hardware of the fingerprint reader might be broken because device manager DOES NOT have a section called "personaly identification software" which is what I found to be the section that the fingerprint reader is suppose to be under.

Can someone PLEASE help me, I use the fingerprint reader ALL the time.

EDIT: Here is an image of the error I get:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Got it fixed

2. mo`

mo` Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Incase someone does a search on this forum and is having the same problem:

Fingerprint reader [Solved]

3. vanhalenfanrob

vanhalenfanrob Newbie

Reputations:
    i did both those things and mine is still not working, it happened when i updated the simplpass software, i tried to install previous version and it still doesnt work

Lasted edited by : May 8, 2015
  4. Izagaia

Izagaia Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you believe your problem exists due to a faulty software installation/upgrade, then a simple Windows System Restore (not an OS re-install) might be your best, least inconvenient, option.

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore