Fingerprint Reader and the Dell Studio 1555, possible?

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by BlackHawk7, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    That's quite a horror story...ah well. Good to know at least you're getting a replacement with slightly better specs. :)

And I know what you mean about typing passwords...I'm too used to just looking at my webcam to log in. :p

2. BlackHawk7

BlackHawk7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Once again, who's willing to open their Studio 1555 and see if it's got the slot? :)

3. alexnor

alexnor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alright so they took "I want a fingerprint reader or something to make up for not having one" as "Cancel my order if I can't get a fingerprint reader". So I guess it's not possible at all to get on the 1555 after all.

They didn't call me, but I was checking the status on my account today, and it showed as cancelled. Called them up and got transferred through about 6 reps, finally got one who said they cancelled the order because I had wanted a fingerprint reader and wouldn't be getting one. She escalated the issue and would call me back within 2 days. Meanwhile, I have no replacement on the way until I hear from them. The saga goes on.... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.