Finally can get a new laptop

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by harddoom, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harddoom

harddoom Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah. Finally. I got the Sat scores (2110) to get a laptop early from my parents, so now i can finally get a new ass laptop.

I want to get the dell inspiron 9300, but the stupid price went up. I was going to get for less than 1250 with the two coupons, 750 and 100 (xmas) but now is gone. Is it going to be back before xmas is over?

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Prices should be about the same on current notebooks after Christmas, so I don't think you missed anything big.

3. Jeebus Kliest

Jeebus Kliest Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I thought 1600 was the highest SAT score you could get.

4. pt9386

pt9386 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That is the old one, the new SAT score Max is now 800 x 3 = 2400, since there is another section that was added to the SAT's. They added a writing section akin to the one on the PSAT's and they modified the math section to have more algebra rather than geometry.

But back on topic, the I9300 should stay steady at it's price range for now, but you could look into other notebooks, if you are desiring power and price, such as some of Sager's or ASUS' notebooks. You could get a decently prive ASUS Z70V, for around $1300. But you could fill out the FAQ in the hardware section so we could help you out some.

5. harddoom

harddoom Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    what why wont it come back down?

6. xAMDvsIntelx

xAMDvsIntelx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The I9300 has hit its "price-lateau" - in other words, its price has already been dropping throughout the year, and has it its lowest price it will ever achive (like a car - they keep depreciating until they hit a point where depreciation slows drastically). I'd buy it as soon as another coupon comes out, as Dell has decided to cut back and do away with its coupon program.

7. ray50000

ray50000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Im sure you worked hard to get that 2110, don't waste all that effort on a dell! If you're looking for something cheap try looking at some of the HP models, if you're willing to spend more (1700+) look at some asus models. The i9300 really doesnt have anything special going for it other than its price and maybe the 6800go.

8. takchi

takchi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    dang you beast...2110 is a very very good score. congrats on that. anyways...you can also look into other brands like fujitsu and ibm. also, what will you do with your laptop? gaming? mobility? and also find out how much you're willing to pay...as in, what is your limit. your friends from notebookreview.com will aid you in your decision. =)

9. harddoom

harddoom Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i want the maximum gaming for minimum price. My friend has a dell i6000 and it is a decent laptop. I just want to get the best possible for the 1000 and a little above like say 1200 price range.
    I heard this dell is the best. I love all the stats about it like screen size, graphics, cpu speed and decent weight ( i have a 10 lb notebook and dont mind, so 8 lbs is like a godsend (especially with a bigger screen))

10. harddoom

harddoom Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i hope they come out with like a 1000 dollar coupon to make up for the raise in price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.