finally a hard drive worth backup multiple TBs

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by ole!!!, May 22, 2021.

1. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Zipping is asking for trouble when doing large drives zip if the zip fails everything fails. I've used 8TB seagate archive v2 drives and so far for backup/archive they worked just fine the access slower but then again they aren't running 24/7 so that saves on drive LifeSpan and since they are for archive only. I never use RAID that is for DOD, NSA, CIA, KGB you will never need to do that kinda backup. You data is import just use a separate HDD or SSD of large capacity over 8tb to store that data and retrieve only when you need it. So only the main drive will be used but backup only runs when accessed. You can have multiple 8tb or 14tb without RAID and still store more then anyone can store. And I formatted each drive as single drive so I get the max space storage and not loose any to partitions. But that is how I do my backup/archive and so far haven't lost any files beside myself deleting by accident-but then I also have recovery/undelete program install on the main so I can recover the backup/archive drive data without over writing something important that I want to restore.

2. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    thats why you gotta make backup of it man. also store without any compression with winrar will not have this issue, you should give it a try.