[Final Question] About Repaste - AW15R3

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by lokoroxbr, Mar 31, 2017.

1. lokoroxbr

lokoroxbr Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    so guys, after waiting for a while and reading the topics, i decided to finally repaste my AW15R3. Yesterday i was playing Albion, and all my cores reached 99-100 degress, which is very very high for this kind of game. I immediatly turn of notebook.

Since im very newbie at this, and i'll aks to a friend to do the process, and i live in Brazil, i would like to know which materials should i buy to, that will be the most effective.

I saw the topic of @iunlock and at the images there are a lot of material such as conductonaut, kryonaut, artic mx-4, etc. Also saw some post of @Mobius 1 i guess, and he posted:

Since i really dont undertand everything, im posting here in hope of someone to make me a little checklist of the things i need to buy for the repaste.

Sorry for creating a new topic for this guys, and sorry for the newbie

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If this is your first time doing a repaste I'd advise to stick traditional paste. Also, refer this post for recommended paste Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut vs Grizzly Kyronaut vs Arctic Silver 5

lokoroxbr likes this.
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:

1 tube of non conductive paste [GC Extreme / Kryonaut] this is easy to apply because you do not need to worry about safety, the paste is not conductive
    if you have an HQ chip, you do not need the liquid metal paste, ever

I believe unlock has the thermal pad guide somewhere for the 15R3 thermal pad thickness

lokoroxbr likes this.
  4. lokoroxbr

lokoroxbr Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thanks for the link

so 1 tube of grizzly kryonaut do the job right?

i find here on a store next to my place, thermal gryzzly HYDRONAUT....what is the difference?

Also, how do i know if i have a HQ chip or not? i really dont understand those thecnique terms, sorry.

this thermal pad guide of unlock is necessary, to know the thermal pad thickness? Also, i was reading again his topic (http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5r3-disassembly-repaste-guide-results.797373/ ) and there is a section that he recommend replacing the stock thermal pads with Fujipoly. Do you think this is necessary, or only the repaste and im okay?

5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If stock thermal pads are in good condition then no need to bother with it. In the future, you might want to replace thermal pads to get decrease in temps.

6. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:
    you can see the cpu type on task manager

the fujipoly is better than arctic, but it's also much more expensive, choose it if you don't mind spending more money

as always, be careful when handling thermal pads to not touch them directly with fingers

Kryonaut is better than Hydronaut, you will get slightly lower temps.

[​IMG]

I only recommend that you replace thermal pads on the black mosfet/VRM chips alongside the VRAM chip, anything else is kinda pointless

7. lokoroxbr

lokoroxbr Notebook Geek

Reputations:

thanks for you both guys. Here is my SS:

[​IMG]

Just to resume, so i can make sure if i understood everything hehe:

1) I only need to change thermal pads IF they are in bad shape right? if not, leave it as it is, right?
    If they are bad, ill trade them. Think will choose fujipo, as i dont mind spending a little more money .

With this part :
    Do you recommend replacing this thermal pads, even if they are OK? Could you post here some screen shot so i can identify this "black mosfet/VRM and VRAM" ?

2) TG Kryonaut right? ill have to look more or import to Brazil, since i only found the hydronaut.

Last question (i promise): do you guys know if Amazon or ebay or some security website export those products to Brazil (and also if i can find them at Amazon)? Thanks

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:
    With 6820HK I recommend Liquid Metal, such as Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut

I take apart my 15R3 again because of you.

Red = important thermal pad
    Yellow = remove the thermal pad and put nothing

[​IMG]

Red = important thermal pad
    Blue = remove the thermal pad and put nothing

The red ones are GPU memory and system power delivery chips.

[​IMG]

lokoroxbr and Vasudev like this.
  9. lokoroxbr

lokoroxbr Notebook Geek

Reputations:

woaaa mobius big thanks mate !! you shouldnt have all this trouble for me. Omg thanks mate. Blue and Yellow pads i can remove and dont have to replace it, and red ones i should replace?

Also, as you said, since im 6820 hk i should use the liquid one? isnt it too risky?

thanks mate ! big big thanks

10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:
    Well the liquid metal is preferable for the HK CPU if you want to overclock.

When applied properly there should be no risk.

Red = replace

blue/yellow should be removed