Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Benchmark

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Feb 1, 2018.

1. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the link mate. Now I know that FFXV doesn't support SLI. FeelsBad2GPUs

Atma and cj_miranda23 like this.
  2. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Compare your score

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-benchmark/

Calculated scores and what they indicate for gameplay

Once the Benchmark compatibility test is completed, you can check your score. This score is a value that indicates the standard of performance you can expect when running the full release version of FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION on your PC. See below for a breakdown of what the scores mean.

12000 or greater Extremely High The game will run exceedingly well. A high frame rate is possible and even richer graphical settings can be used.
    9000 to 11999 Very High You can expect the game to run very comfortably. A high frame rate is possible and even higher quality graphical settings can be used.
    6000 to 8999 High You can expect the game to run comfortably. It should run smoothly, even at higher graphics settings.
    4500 to 5999 Fairly High A standard level of performance can be expected. Adjustments to the graphics settings are recommended if possible.
    3000 to 4499 Standard A standard level of performance can be expected.
    2500 to 2999 Slightly Low It is possible to play the game, but you may experience a burden on processing when performing some actions. Adjustments to the graphics settings are recommended.
    2000 to 2499 Low It is possible to play the game, but all actions will feel sluggish overall. There is a chance that the performance may improve with adjustments to the graphics settings or display resolution.
    0 to 1999 Insufficient The system does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game.

Atma likes this.
  3. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Seems newer drivers 388.00 and onward help this game? My score with 378.92 matches a 1070 with 388.00.

Clearly this needs rectification.

Atma likes this.
  4. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I got "Standard" at 4K Normal and "Slightly Below" at 4K High.

I didn't really notice any difference between the two aside from some additional detail pop-in on Normal. Normal did look super smooth where there were some hitches once in a while on High. The fonts looked poor at 1080 so, if I did play this i'd do so on 4K Normal.

Atma likes this.
  5. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    the game has an inherent blur to it which I hate and hope I can disable, but if you're playing at non-native it probably might just make things poor like you describe.

Atma likes this.
  6. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  7. fire3element

fire3element Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    4gb for a benchmark?
    I wonder if these are assets that will roll into the full game when it launches.

8. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    in the past this hasn't been the case, benchmarks are a separate entity, expect to be downloading 100gb+ for the full game, i heard some rumours that the download was going to be 170gb or something crazy like that, if that is the case then 4gb isn't even a pimple on a whales backside.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Khenglish

Khenglish Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    FF15.png

I ran full screen but it didn't score any higher despite not stuttering.

I had the power limit disabled (100% = 300W). This results in the temp limit being hit around 50% through.

Honestly it's not a very good benchmark. The FF14 benchmark was much better. This is just a bunch of random scenes with a few random mostly naked women. Also the constant depth of field is dumb. Does anyone actually like their game being blurry all the time?

Update: Here's 4K on high

FF154k.png

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Atma and Vasudev like this.
  10. Vaeron

Vaeron Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I dread the idea that my laptop won't run it smoothly FPS-wise. :(

EDIT: By smooth, I mean a constant 120 FPS or even 60 FPS.

Atma likes this.