Figures one final Alienware 18 issue!!!!

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by jtravapd8578, Jun 14, 2018.

1. jtravapd8578

jtravapd8578 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    so I’m selling my alineware 18 for $900. And I was throwing another hard drive in it for the guy since I took out my Samsung SSD’s I had in raid 0. Everything was working fine. I went into the bios and turned off the raid back to Ahci because i was planning on reinstalling windows 7 for the guy anyway. Turned off the power. Closed everything back up and now I get no power at all. Unplugged it, tried with just battery . Nothing, no beeps no anything . Tried just power supply with battery unplugged . Nothing . Tried both disconnected and held down power on button to drain excess power, then try again. Nothing. Disconnected the cmos battery for about 5 minutes . Also tried holding down power again for any excess power and nothing. Even tried a spare power supply.
    Anyone have any ideas? Literally I am getting no startup at all. Not even for a second . I’m hoping that info will help one of you think of what it could be. I literally have taken it all apart and put it back again Incase a ram chip was loose or something but still no luck .

2. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    I had that exact same problem too when I had the laptop. I never figured it out and gave up.

3. jtravapd8578

jtravapd8578 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I took the entire thing apart and put it back together now the only thing it couldn’t be is the power inverter (might have messed that name up) it’s only a $30 part if Anything. Just sucks cause i wanted to sell it today now i gotta wait longer. I think $900 is a good price for this laptop . Parted out i could probably make around $1100. We will see. Honestly I’d take $650 for it right now as is .