Fellow P65_67RSRP owners, or same GTX1070 GPU ID, I need help

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Sabbia, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Sabbia

Sabbia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I tried Nvidia inspector. I was able to drop down the gpu clock by 200Hz, saved then configuration, create a shortcut and put it in windows autostart folder. The system worked. I shut it down, turned it on, I t worked. I rebooted it, it worked.
    This morning I decide to give another try, I just plug it, turn it on, start a game and again, BSOD. If it was not a machine, I'd say he's doing it on purpose, it's a joke.. I will ask a friend to bring me the tools so I can check the bad solder joint, since its the only thing left i can do, and hopefully it'll be that..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The solder can be between Nvidia's package and the die is the only issue. Being warm and working and cold and not is a classic symptom of something physical like that.

3. Sabbia

Reputations:
    Thank you man.
    Imagine that I brought the PC to a laptop repair center and they told me the problem was the opposite, overheating... even if I told them that as soon as I turn on the PC and it's stone cold it would not work anyway.
    "Glad" to know it's a common symptom, could mean that it's really this causing all my troubles.

I'll keep you posted!
    Nicola

4. mike26668

mike26668 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    same as had with my gtx 980m and that one was dead.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's more thermal temperature swings that do the connections in eventually.

6. Sabbia

Reputations:
    Hey man!
    What do you, that you had the same exact problem as I have?
    I can't really believe it's "dead" since I am anyway able to play from time to time... if I just could not use, I would've given up long time ago, but like this....
    In these days I'm keep on trying but so far it seems that, once the laptop temperature is high, it works properly even when plugged in.
    Seems fair that this problem Meaker pointed out (bad solder joint) could be the real cause!

7. mike26668

mike26668 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes i agree that it's solder joints but i tryed the oven trick as well when every thing else failed but so dit the oven trick. with me.
    the R56 got very hot and the 470uf caps so there is a kind of short i think....i still have it here and trying to fix them with new caps and R56 cap (will post some pic,s ltr).