Fellow P65_67RSRP owners, or same GTX1070 GPU ID, I need help

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Sabbia, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Sabbia

Sabbia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I'm having a big problem with my Clevo laptop.
    I would need the original vBIOS for the GTX 1070 with this ID: 10DE 1BE1 1558 6A03
    I looked in the web but apparently nobody had this same ID, not a single vBIOS from the collection on Techpowerup. I can't really understand which kind of GPU it is, if it's a Max-Q design or standard, nothing. I made a mess and I lost the original vBIOS, I tried flashing different versions but I can't find a working one.

Is there a good soul with my same ID willing to share a backup copy of the original vBIOS?
    Thanks in advance for any help given!
    Nicola

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Anyone with the same machine should be able to share it. If it's not working it's either really corrupted or dead.

Sabbia likes this.
  3. Sabbia

Reputations:
    Yeah, to understand if it's totally fried or not I need to try with the original vBIOS, but it seems very difficult to find... not many GPUs like mine around :(
    As for now it works randomly, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... So I guess the GPU is still able to work properly, and this gives me hope to fix it somehow!

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Could be a bad solder joint doing that.

5. Sabbia

Reputations:
    Could it? Sorry if I divert the topic a bit, but have you experienced something similar? I am not an electro technician, but do you think it could be fixed easily? The propsect of changing motherboard is so expensive, I don't even want to think about that.....

6. squee666

squee666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    using the p670rsg which uses that bio as you can see the bios vbios is almost the same.

its defo not a max q gpu, I have included a dump of it just incase

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Sabbia likes this.
  7. Sabbia

Reputations:
    Thank you very much! I can't try it today, but tomorrow I'll flash it and hopefully I'll get my system working again.
    Thanks for the clarification as well! Just for curiosity, why in the system specs it's listed as a 4 GB gpu, if on gpu-z it shows it has 8?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Because the left program is wrong, no such thing as a 4GB 1070.

Sabbia likes this.
  9. Sabbia

Reputations:
    Well this is weird. If I flash the vBIOS that squee666 generously provided, I can't use my GPU at all. Windows does recognize it as a GTX1070, allowing m to install drivers either through Windows Update or manually, but then I get an Error 43 (Windows stopped this device because it does not function properly) and it's like not having it. I then tried to flash the same vBIOS I flashed before, which is 161 KB in size, compared to that squee666's 227 KB, and the card started working again. For the moment of course, I can launch games and all works like a charm. I can even shut down the system for a while or restart it and it's still fine. But the day after it stops working again, for no apparent reasons. I was hoping this vBIOS with practically the same ID would work but it seems like it doesn't. The one I flashed now comes from Techpowerup's BIOS collection, unverified upload, as a generic nVIDIA GTX 1070 mobile.

Do you guys have any hint on what might be going on here? I'm really losing hope :(
    Thank you and sorry for the long post!
    Nicola

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I take it you did not take a backup before flashing it the first time?