Feedback to Clevo R&D Team: What's missing or broken in your Skylake laptops?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Mr. Fox, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    to upgrade properly you need to do 2 things otherwise it would fail:

1) revert all settings that any tool like O&OShutUp10 or the likes did to default
    2) uninstall your AV

Papusan likes this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    ooooooooops, sorry man, didn't mean it that way, now it looks like I bought a laptop from your with a flimsy 15 inch keyboard :D sorry :rolleyes:

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    There is probably a better thread for this discussion since it is not an area of opportunity for Clevo. I already gave up on Creators Abortion and went back to W10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB. You're not missing anything special.

Ashtrix, Phoenix and Papusan like this.
  4. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:
    Yes

Well said

Same here
    Ratiborus + W10 Enterprise <3

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    It sounds like it's only going to get worse over the years. The DM3 might be my last high performance laptop at this rate. Might need to go back to desktops :p

I never tested this, but was 480W enough for 4.8Ghz overclock and slight +120/300 on GPUs using stock firmware? Does it shut down the laptop or just throttle?

Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I think so. I hardly used the stock firmware. I am not aware of the DM3 ever shutting down. I haven't heard of that or experienced it myself.

7. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    It depends on the load. If the cooling is properly well-done and you actually stress the system (let's say Witcher 3 Novigrad at 1440p 120-144fps (the former achieveable on this machine via the 1440p panel) or Deus Ex Mankind Divided or ME Andromeda, all of which pull tons of resources from all of the system?) then you probably will find the answer to be "no". When games are out in a year that stress a couple 1080s decently and hit the CPU hard (regardless of the GPU) then what'd happen?

Even @Mobius 1 tried the Overwatch main menu test like I did. At 1080p I sucked over 400w constantly; undervolted 4.4GHz. At 1440p on stock KM1 firmware he did not hit the FPS limit, and his GPUs went full bore and he hit a power limit. Also with undervolted CPU. Also the more stuff the PC has to power the worse it is; usb mice/headset/controller, wifi card (I was on ethernet so I probably drew slightly less), a second monitor at home, etc would all contribute in a small way to the max power draw allowed

Sent from my OnePlus 1 using a coconut

8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:
    Can confirm.

9. BGZ

BGZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wait... did i seriously just make the mistake of buying the KM1?.. it is still "in production" at HID.. and Prema isnt available to the KM1 right now... im going to be power throttled? I bought 2x 780w supplies to make sure i wasnt being throttled.. and the BIOS does this?

Ugh @Prema ... Please help me here.. feel like i just sunk $8000 into the trash can... starting to feel sick...

Georgel likes this.
  10. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    HID is a prema partner

Sent from my OnePlus 1 using a coconut