Feedback to Clevo R&D Team: What's missing or broken in your Skylake laptops?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Mr. Fox, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, if they can cool it off, workstation CPUs would be great to have.

2. woodzstack

woodzstack Company Representative

Reputations:
    was just an example... don't quote me anything haha, but yeah imagine a 18" with THAT lineup, lol...

Phoenix likes this.
  3. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes! We definitely need vareity and competitive products among intel and amd systems. More choice for the consumer is always welcome .

Regarding my earlier comment: It was a general comment and not towards a specific GPU. For an average gamer spending money is a big deal so unless the system collapses they use it instead of buying a new one very frequently.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but Clevo don't read this or any other threads. What does happen is that they listen to the feedback that direct customers such as we give them on a daily basis and every time we meet. This information often parallels what is posted on various forums, but actually I haven't seen anything posted on this thread which we haven't already raised with Clevo. That's definitely not to say that this thread is pointless - quite the contrary, as I have pointed out before the more customer feedback is gathered the more Clevo direct customers are likely to listen, take on board the feedback and raise similar points with Clevo.

As discussed in other threads, Ryzen availability is wholely up to AMD ;-)

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The rumours were around a 180W TDP for a 16 core AMD, you could always reverse the cooling on the NP9873 and have the CPU under the vapor chamber and then a little 1050ti where the CPU is :p

6. woodzstack

woodzstack Company Representative

Reputations:
    yeah no worries.

When you are not in Taiwan but get asked for your input the next Clevo's, personally I look at these sort of threads and develop an imagine of what to contribute based on my own thoughts too.
    Probably nothing new being stated, but doesn't hurt to have a thread like this. My feedback was to push for individual fan control. It would be a great feature. some of the other stuff can be done cheap that is mentioned in this thread, too.

Papusan and TBoneSan like this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Well if anyone from Clevo is reading... your keyboards SUCK and I'm never buying another taptop from you that has these same flimsy and cramped 15 inch keyboards which you stole from the 15 inch models and slammed in to the bigger beasts

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Georgel likes this.
  8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:
    they need to up the cooling game too

both in size and qc

I'd rather focus on cooling first than keyboard

TBoneSan and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. yutzybrian

yutzybrian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As I'm sure they have to be aware by now, the BIOS needs major improvement. It's great that a third party (Prema) is taking care of the community, but it shouldn't come down to that in the first place.

These platforms are suppose to be desktop replacement, so it shouldn't feel any different in operation.

steberg, TBoneSan and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The stock options have been worked on a fair bit. The newer systems have voltage control up and down along with memory controls and power limits that allow a significant amount of tweaking.

XMG likes this.