FedEx estimate delivery time

Discussion in 'Dell' started by hln98, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hln98

hln98 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I got the estimated time of 3:00 PM of an overnight shipping from FedEx for my baby 9300. Are they pretty much on time? Any ideas? With UPS, it could be any time they feel like it :)

2. qwester

qwester Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have had the same experience with both carriers ... I never trust their timing. As long as you have someone to accept delivery...

Congrats on your new baby/toy :D

3. Shootingstars

Shootingstars Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If I get a delivery from the UPS man at my office then I would always get it in the morning. If I get a delivery at home from the UPS man then I probably get the package from 1PM - 5:30PM.

4. Amber

Amber Notebook Prophet NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    both of my carriers come at strange times, but what can i expect when i live in the country. Generally from Fedex, if they say they'll deliver it by 3, it will be delivered by 3. Good Luck with your baby

5. cruise_carter

cruise_carter Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't know about Fedex but UPS is losing my business rapidly.

Had an overnight shipment sent from mid-west (Canada) on Thursday. Checked UPS tracking on Friday morning and it had arrived in local distribution center at 6:29am Friday morning.

Called UPS during day to check and automated response was package was on way to be delivered.

8pm Friday night comes and I call through to get a human being, she checks on her computer and tells me it should have been delivered Friday morning between 10am and 10:30am. Apparently it never left the depot on a truck. Last shipment is 8pm so she says "Monday it is".

I told her that if I wanted Monday service, Canada Post Expresspost could have done that a lot cheaper. I received an apology and was advised to request a refund for the shipping cost which they apparently do.

Package arrived this morning (Monday) at 10:18am. Driver could only tell me that it was put on his truck today.

Express shipping is definitely not what it used to be. 3rd shipment from UPS this last 8 months that was 1 or 2 days late.

6. lgandg

lgandg Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My understanding of the "delivery time" that Fedex lists on their tracking tool is that it is the latest time that it will be delivered by--so it could come anytime that day. My Fedex delivery last Wed had 4:30 for the delivery time--it came at 12:30.

7. ilikefreestuff

ilikefreestuff Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yah.... shipping isn't great... but hey... it beats the days of horse drawn buggies.

8. hln98

hln98 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks all for the messages. I can't wait to get mine today. I hope I can control myself from hugging the FedEx driver :) when he gets here. Now, that'll be kinda weird ehh?