Fastest DDR4 rams for notebooks

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by ashknani, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    If they are making it possible now, then yes... fantastic news. If they were really smart they would hire @Prema on a permanent retainer and every Clevo sold would have his BIOS mods and he would be taken care of financially by using his God-given talent to be a blessing to everyone. There is really no excuse for any computer to be sold with castrated firmware. That is an indicator of laziness and paranoia that every ODM is guilty of.

TOAA, Papusan, Prema and 1 other person like this.
  2. skyFox90

skyFox90 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Mr Fox,
    For my p870dm3 i own the 3000Mhz and working great, but i heard that will be released the 3200Mhz, it is true?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Only if 3200 RAM is available. It is very difficult to find, and unless that changes first it will not happen. So far, the only brand I have seen is G.SKILL Ripjaws and it is difficult to find. I have 64GB of G.SKILL 3200 in my DM3 right now. It is difficult for some machines to run it stable. Some have difficulty running 3000 stable, so if your machine is taking to is smoothly, count yourself among the fortunate. Mine is mostly stable at 3200, but not 100% 24/7. I still get a memory-related BSOD now and then with it running at the 3200 speed it is rated for. It normally happens doing something ridiculously mundance, like watching a YouTube video. And, that is using custom settings and increased voltage. If I use the G.SKILL default values in the XMP 3200 profile with the default 1.200V it is far less stable. And, it makes hardly any measurable difference in performance. Only memory specific benchmarks show much improvement in performance. Other benchmarks and games don't really benefit from 3200 over 3000. The difference is within a normal margin of error for two machines running the same memory.

skyFox90 likes this.
  4. skyFox90

skyFox90 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So better to stay with mine, i hope they will release a new version more stable on it.
    Thanks for the answer Mr Fox :)

Mr. Fox likes this.