Fastest DDR4 rams for notebooks

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by ashknani, Sep 9, 2016.

1. WaldoJim42

WaldoJim42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The ram usually doesn't mind being clocked slower than rated, but you should make sure your machine will let you do that first. As I said, that feature was removed from some Alienware machines.

The machines I own all tend to use the highest available/supported clock speeds. Even when they don't work.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. denny130

denny130 Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you think how likely Sager NP9876 (Clevo P870KM-G) supports RAMs higher than 2400Mhz? Say 3000Mhz? And how far do you think mine can go beyond? In your signature it seems like you got a similar model and overclocked the RAM to 3200? Would you mind advising how you managed it? Thx.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hello. This is only possible using manual timings and XMP profiles with @Prema BIOS. I am pretty sure you are not going to get anywhere with the stock BIOS.

This is DDR4-3333 on my EVOC P870DM3.

[​IMG]

TomJGX likes this.
  4. denny130

denny130 Newbie

Reputations:
    So you are saying it'll stick to the default 2400Mhz with the stock BIOS, correct? Looks like the latest Prema for P870KM-G is not out yet lol

5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    That is correct for now. I will talk to @Prema about what the plans are for the KM1. Maybe I can get an empty shell from the Partner Group and move my DM3 guts into it for assisting with the BIOS mod for the new model.

6. denny130

denny130 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just noticed, and I should've done it earlier, HIDevolution has been offering KM1 with Prema Bios since it was first released:
    http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-p870km1-dual-gtx-1080.html
    Not sure if it's only available for Prema partners :p

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It will be available. @Prema does not have it ready yet as far as I know. But, yes to your last question. Prema BIOS is generally only available to customers of Prema Partners. It is not available for download and flashing by the general public. There is a good selection of Prema Partner shops and that list is growing. Anyone with a lick of good sense can see the value in being a Prema Partner, or buying from a Prema Partner. The stock cancer BIOSes on all laptops in today's world is an absolutely pathetic and cruel joke.

Brother @Donald@HIDevolution can clarify if this is correct or not, but I believe so.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    tilleroftheearth and TBoneSan like this.
  8. denny130

denny130 Newbie

Reputations:
    Guess I'll have to stick to the "cancer" forever as mine was purchased from a non-Prema partner. But thanks for the info anyway

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    You're welcome.

Yes, the situation is a truly sad and pathetic one. I do not believe there is even one notebook ODM in the whole world that does things right with firmware. If I could not have an unlocked BIOS and firmware without restrictions to features there is not any notebook that I would consider purchasing... not even one.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. denny130

denny130 Newbie

Reputations:
    According to @Meaker@Sager:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...ew.com/index.php?posts/10495914/&share_type=t

Seems like 3000Mhz is doable with stock bios. Sounds like a good news to me:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk