Fast Action songs without lyrics that are good for movies.??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Viperjts10, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viperjts10

Viperjts10 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm creating a movie for school and am trying to find some good songs which are great for movies and don't necessarily have lyrics in them. They can be fast and/or slow, but I'm hoping some people may know of some groups/songs which are great to use in filming a movie and for use in one. I want the movie to be exciting :) -

2. Sam

Sam Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Streamline by Newton is a fast non-lyric song. It depends what's the action. If its like James Bond style, Streamline is too "happy".

3. Blake

Blake NBR Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Streamline is a great song, I'm glad someone knows who Newton is! :)
    What kinds of music are you looking for? Also, if there is a song you like but is too fast or too slow for you, you can change the BPM (Beats Per Minute) of the song using an audio editor. Make sure to play it through though, as some things tend to get distorted/plain just don't sound right.

4. zicky

zicky Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What about videogame soundtracks? Most of them dont have lyrics. You can fin remixed versions at www.ocremix.org Some of these remixes are really good and sound very profesional. Of course, you'd have to know what you're really looking for but then again, might be worth a shot.

5. Viperjts10

Reputations:
    Thanks for these links and songs so far. These are what I’m looking for and along with the fast action paced songs, such songs like the Mozart Fortuna which is a good song for an intense moment is a type of song which sounds good too. I’ll listen to some more of these when I get home.

If anyone has more songs, please feel free to post them, I’ll take all the songs I can get and I’ll listen to each of them and see which sound really good. Thanks for far.

6. Thibault

Thibault Banned

Reputations:
    I will second the video game soundtrack idea. www.ocremix.org is a great site! Just think of a song you enjoyed from a video game and see if it's on OC ReMix.

7. dragonesse

dragonesse Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Bulletproof Cupid by Placebo. It's short (about 2:20), but it's amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sc_K0SRTV1k Video from 2003 concert in Paris -- I have the DVD this is from, and it's wonderful.

8. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    www.ocremix.org is an awesome site, thousands of remixes there and alot of them are really good ones. May I ask if this movie is an assignment or are you just doing it for fun?

9. Viperjts10

Reputations:
    It's both. I am taking a movie class for my English course this year in high school and we watch movies and review them, and now we are making our own and showing it to the class. I am also making a few youtube videos for fun and would like some good music for both the videos.

Can I listen to some of the remix songs straight from www.ocremix.org or do I need to download them?

10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Last time I was on there(Its been a while) you could stream, but you might as well just DL them and then delete if you don't like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.