Far Cry 6

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by cucubits, Jul 12, 2020.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I know the context they use the word "original", but it still cracks me up :D

2. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lol, found the coolest runway, very short, on a slope with a little kicker at the end before a huge drop. Can't ask for more :)

fc6_runway.jpg

Clamibot, JRE84 and Porter like this.
  3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Having a blast so far with FC6.

I like the main/side quests variety but I do make it interesting for myself with sort of self imposed challenges. Like making my own quests up. Some days I follow the story, some days I just explore, do some treasure hunts, fly around and take down those damned anti aircraft cannons or other random missions.

I have to say I wish there was a hard mode. Playing stealthily it feels a bit too easy. I'm actually still using one of the starter rifles (M16), silenced, I can one shot headshot almost anyone. I just found the SKS and on paper it does way more damage, looking forward to kit it out and try it.

I like the characters too. Dani's accent is awesome and it's cool she always has something to say. Learned quite a few new curse words :) El Tigre is very cool too. I like him.

upload_2021-10-22_23-55-51.png

hfm, Clamibot and JRE84 like this.
  4. killkenny1

Reputations:
    After finishing Far Cry 5, I bought Far Cry 6 in the heat of the moment against my better judgment.
    Anyway, after playing a bit I refunded the game.

BTW, that -20% thing still works for me.

5. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm about 15 hours in, 19% story completion, but I'm guessing much less than that in total things to do based on the map and quests. This may overtake FC5 as my new favorite. I still prefer the Montana setting overall, but the size and scope of this map is huge.

Playing in co-op is as fun as any recent far cry game, with loads of getting into trouble and bad decisions causing havoc lol. I'm overwhelmed with so many distractions and things to do, but maybe that will die down when I get another dozen or two hours in.

cucubits likes this.
  6. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nailed it! :D

fc6_landing.jpg

Porter and hfm like this.
  7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Discovered first bit of really disappointing design choice the devs made.

The big main city, Esperanza, is not actually completely built and explorable, as they made it look from the trailers. Being "under lockdown" it's not full of NPCs but it is full of invisible walls and unreachable places.

To get around people flying in and exploring these unreachable rooftops, the devs made it a permanent hard no-fly zone. The two red circles which would normally indicate AA canons, which otherwise can be destroyed, here in Esperanza they're not even built in. Nothing to destroy to get by this. If you get close to the city with anything flying (including wingsuit and parachute), you get instantly killed.

Disappointed a bit, Would've loved exploring the whole city and find cool look-out spots. It's still nice, but it's more like a controlled maze.

8. killkenny1

Reputations:
    There are quite a few of these.
    During my 1,5 gameplay I would say the most annoying was specialized bullets.
    I wouldn't mind them much if bullets could be changed on the go (like in FC5), but you have to go to the crafting table to exchange the weapon modules.

I did like how you could holster your weapon and not make enemy nearby agro on you. That was a good addition, I think.

9. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was expecting the specialized bullets to bother me too but to be honest it ended up being a completely non-issue. After I put AP rounds in my main gun I just left it there. Going for headshots works perfectly and I haven't felt the need to put back "soft target" rounds since. I can easily clear bases in level 10 zones (full of heavy armored guys). Everyone drops with one shot headshots, even with a side arm.

I do like the holster mechanic too, if you're not in a red zone, they ignore you if you keep moving. I also still use a level 1 armor set which gives me extremely fast running speed with the weapon holstered. I can get away from any hair situation very quickly.

killkenny1 likes this.
  10. killkenny1

Reputations:
    I do wish they would improve enemy AI. It feels like with every new FC entry enemy AI gets more dumb and they instead just spam and spawn them out of thin air.
    I hated this in previous games, expecially in FC5 (mod reducing enemy encounter 5 times did help though), and FC6 was even worse.