Far Cry 6

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by cucubits, Jul 12, 2020.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not to derail the vram - 4k discussions, I just wanted to post an update on my own little quest which was stopping me from starting FC6.

I finally finished FC3 and to be completely honest I'm disappointed. Some folks actually said FC3 was the best of all. I have no idea what colored plants they were smoking but FC4 and 5 are miles better. Both gameplay and story-wise.

The main story missions were dumb at best. I get that it's a 2012 game but still, I was expecting more. Very repetitive quests and predictable twists. The main boss "fights" were even more stupid. Build that whole rage and revenge lust up and then do a quick time event? WTF
    Actually the whole plot idea was very poorly written. You, a total noob are dumped on an island and after skinning 3 dogs you become the chosen one - the rakyat warrior... pfft. At least they could've force slowed the progress down a bit, make some incentives to free camps and work your way up. The only side quests I did were the towers and only because they were easy and I wanted the weapon from the last one.

Speaking of weapons, equally unimpressive. The suppressed ones actually sound and feel like pea-shooters.

Not sure what's next, I don't think I'll jump on FC6 just yet. I may revisit FC5 first. I miss that one.

KING19, Papusan, JRE84 and 1 other person like this.
  2. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Same, personally I think that their views were clouded by the lenses of nostalgia. Or maybe they were lamenting the lack of improvement going from far cry 3 to far cry 4 & 5 compared to the improvement going from far cry 2 to far cry 3. The improvement from 2 to 3 was revolutionary for sure, and 4 and 5 just improved on and refined the gameplay but there wasn't anything revolutionary. Its like how people say far cry games are stale because the games do feel very similar gameplay wise.

KING19 and JRE84 like this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    feels directed to me and thats good...because I was praising farcry 3..

yes its just the jump from farcry 2 to 3 was huge...from boring to fun..I found the story in farcry 3 great so far honestly..im just at the part after having fun with citra.....i have difficulties motivating myself to play it further or any game for that matter iv'e been playing racing games like horizon 4 and dirt 5 as you just cruise around without thinking too much....relaxing in these stressful days

KING19 and seanwee like this.
  4. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    I had no idea who was pointing fingers at who lmao. Just an observation, I REALLY hated the gameplay of Far Cry 2 especially the damned gun jamming mechanic.

hfm and JRE84 like this.
  5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The only thing I recall from my time trying out Far Cry 2...

upload_2021-10-9_11-24-56.png

alaskajoel, Papusan, JRE84 and 2 others like this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    if i could double rep you i would......brilliant simply stunning i actually laughed and i have schizophrenia

Papusan likes this.
  7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not at all, I just remembered reading random accounts of ppl saying FC3 is better then the others... I wasn't thinking about you specifically

I was praising it myself too, there are loads of cool things about it, here I only pointed out the major downsides I noticed.

8. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can install mods like Ziggy's mod to make crafting and gameplay elements more realistic and difficult. It'll make use of crocs and other rare animals to craft certain items. It also remove the limitations of weapon mods with certain guns like the AK-47. FC4 and FC5 was focused on quantity and not quality, i liked the gameplay changes in FC4 making the world more lively than FC3 but they added too many annoying things and got too repetitive and FC5 was a downgrade all together so i never finished it.

I might buy FC6 during a sale, There no way i am buying it at full price.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    killkenny1 likes this.
  9. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not sure I'll be able to stop myself for that long. To be honest I'm more irritated that it's not on Steam... I probably would've picked it up already.

10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Gameplay wise FC4 is the best between FC3, 4 and 5. It's just if one has played FC3, FC4 doesn't bring too much to the table (except for those f... annoying eagles!), however FC4 gameplay is more refined. If one hasn't played FC3 before, FC4 is a way to go. Otherwise FC4 wasn't that interesting.
    Storywise wise FC 3 is the best between FC3, 4 and 5. Vaas (even if criminally underused) is still ahead of FC4 baddy and whatever the hell that was in FC5. And there was an actual character arc in FC3! I don't even remember what random nonames I have played for in FC4 and 5...

FC5 on the other had... Well, it's a game, I will give it that. But it is worse that 3 and 4. 3 had a character development and 4 had improved gameplay elements. 5 took gameplay elements from 4 and forgot about the rest...

KING19, cucubits and JRE84 like this.