Far Cry 6

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by cucubits, Jul 12, 2020.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm sure it's going to be fun. Hard to believe it will be a complete failure just from a few videos. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to stop myself from buying it as soon as it's out... unless the very first real reviews are going to be really bad.

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    yeah it looks awful based on what we know but far cry is alright and sells alot of copies..i doubt it will flop....too much talent and time and money invested in it...but yeah judging from the videos it looks retarded

unlogic likes this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    saw another trailer ill post the link in a bit....but yeah it looks alot better than the videos that were shown.....that was a tiny part of the game kinda like the cover of a book

4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I like this sort of marketing strategy - when they choose the right youtubers :)

JRE84 likes this.
  5. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well I guess I'm going to get it for me and a friend. Had an absolute blast in FC5, really hope they don't screw this one up.

JRE84 and cucubits like this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wont lie.....I probably will buy this even though some of it looks dumb......the farcry series has never let me down but thats not to say a few games have not been able to hold my interest long enough for the dive into the ocean world of far cry 5/4

7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    same here... proper AAA releases seem to be getting more rare and most likely I won't be able to stop myself from buying this.

Until the first real reviews come out for Far Cry 6, I fired up Far Cry 3 and I'm really hoping I can get through it. I think I started it 3 times since it came out, played until some random point and just got distracted. I really want to nail Vaas this time though :)

Tried to distract myself with Diablo 2 but to be completely honest, while it looks nice, it doesn't seem to draw me in like back in the "good" days. I've probably outgrown it.

JRE84 likes this.
  8. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Maan, Far Cry 3 is absolutely amazing considering it came out almost 10 years ago. I have no idea what possessed me to not play it all the way until now.

There are so many cool little details the devs put in, I'm having a blast finding these.

Here's one example. This may be well known but it's very much new to me as I hadn't noticed it before. At night, they actually put in a proper star model. Looks at the screenshot where I marked the Pleiades and Orions Belt... the next screenshot is from a stelarium site with actual positions. They seem to match pretty well.

fc3_a.jpg

FC3_2.jpg

9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    oh nice...i didnt even bother to check...yeah far cry 3 is great im at the part where you meet citra

10. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh I remember her. At the time this came out, there weren't too many games with as pretty b00bs as she has, lol.

I haven't reached that far yet on this playthrough. I'm taking a different approach, I've only done the first few missions, until I got to the Dr then I started doing my own missions to climb as many towers as possible. Also hunting to upgrade most of the critical gear. I'm trying to get sort of an early OP feeling and then go through some more main missions.

A bit worried though that Far Cry 6 is coming in a couple days and if I start playing that, I'll abandon FC3 yet again. I'll try to stop myself, FC3 really is worth playing through it all...

JRE84 likes this.