Far Cry 6

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by cucubits, Jul 12, 2020.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Don't want to create a new thread, but FarCry 3 is free from Ubisoft Connect until September 11.

Explore - Ubisoft Connect

Atma, alaskajoel, hfm and 2 others like this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    looks retarded

KING19 likes this.
  4. unlogic

unlogic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After watching several gameplay videos, I think FC5 has better graphics? And FC6 character models look low poly to meo_O

JRE84 likes this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    yeah it's bizzare PUBG on mobile set to ultra everything and HD textures looks better than farcry 6.....somethings wrong in my world when huge powerful consoles don't push the same graphics as a tiny phone...

also My dad gave me his old LG 3d tv so I checked out a 3d IMAX movie and I was blown away...fish were swimming in my living room..how does something that cool and natural die...I remember people saying it's a gimmick... our vision is in 3d so what thats a gimmick also? it really goes to show even with an IQ of 100 (global average) 100 is quite low when it comes to our definition of smart....a few orders of magnitude

6. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think the biggest problem was that there was not enough content to justify buying into the hardware.

The glasses were also problematic because many TVs released with glasses that were uncomfortable, they often didn't fit well for those who wore corrective lenses, and young children really struggled with them.

Then you've got the content itself: For every Avatar there were 5 Piranha 3Ds and to go back to the beginning; there just wasn't that much of it. I think I've maybe got something like 20 to 30 titles and I bought everything even remotely interesting.

I did my part; I bought in way early. Plasma rolled the roost then and the early 3D efforts included another reason many would have been turned off: Eye watering prices.

7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    yeah but one of my cell phones had glasses free 3d....was cutting edge by now glasses free 3d tv should be main stream

8. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes i also sold my LG 3dtv recentley, kinda sad , i loved the 3d tech, reallly kinda weird that i died , was nice, and the implementation of LG with the passive glasses was good, is still have around 20 3d blu rays around, bought every marvel movies in 3d and of course avatar and gravity, really great flick in 3d. I still hope 3d will make a comeback, some sick 4k or 8k in 3d panels would be nice to have.

JRE84 likes this.
  9. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Two different things; it's much easier to create a 3D experience near field in a defined plane and distance with little concern for off-axis viewing. With a TV you've got to cover significantly off-axis viewing and highly variable viewing distances in a single room and during the same viewing.

You also have two different markets: At the time many people were upgrading their phones yearly or every two years whereas TV had much longer upgrade cycles. The 3D TVs were getting mainstream pricing by the end of the era but it's wasn't an easy sell without content: They couldn't get cheap enough to get someone to upgrade just to watch the tiny bit of available content.

You're probably right about the glasses in terms of adoption. If the tech was widely available and glasses free you would see more and more content over time. It wouldn't happen overnight though because you've got to get people to make the content and the content needs to be worth watching. Just another of the many issues with 3D was that a lot of the content was trash, not just technically, but artistically.

JRE84 likes this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:

if a 4k oled 3d tv came out id save and jump on the tv.....3d needs too come back...z axis is important