Far cry 5 looking good

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Mar 15, 2018.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    And the rebuttal to that:

Tonrac and hmscott like this.
  2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    If you have evolved the engine that far maybe don't lose the details?

killkenny1 likes this.
  3. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think he explained pretty well the reasoning behind the cutbacks in physics simulation and AI--CPU advancement not keeping pace with GPU advancement in consoles, and the focus on eye candy as major selling point in AAA, leading to developers prioritizing rendering prowess over realistic simulation, 30 FPS instead of 60, etc. Even today, almost no games do physics and AI as well as Crysis 1 or destruction as well as Bad Company 2. Even if the capability still exists within Dunia, sad reality is consoles dictate multiplatform development, so gone are the days when the PC version is a massive leap over the console releases as we saw with games at the tail end of last-gen like BF3. Higher resolutions and frame rates, on top of slightly improved details, are about the most we can hope for these days.

Edit: Think about the marquee features of this gen--physically based materials, photogrammetry, volumetrics, screen space effects, postprocessing, temporal antialiasing, HDR, etc. They're all rendering features, not improvements to simulation.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    triturbo and hmscott like this.
  4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    If you read a pretty big post I left about Far Cry 5 on the 5th page, you would know I was serious.
    What makes you say that I think every game is mediocre. I don't remember making such powerful statement.
    Kingdom Come, Divinity Original Sin 2, Wolfenstein 2, Prey - these are just a few games I think were pretty good in the past year.

Great! This is your opinion. Mine on the other hand is rather different...

Fallout 4 is not only a bad Fallout game, but also a game overall...
    Dated engine, clunky animations, uninteresting characters, Bethesda's inability to write a decent story, bugs (It's a feature™), reused radio music from Fallout 3, simplified gameplay mechanics... I can go on all day if you want...
    Obviously, my opinion...

IDK, but these sound as pretty lame excuses to me...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  5. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Graphics aside. How is the game play and story?

6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ah man i started a flame war....cmon guys this is a fun game you cant tell me it isnt

hmscott and Support.2@XOTIC PC like this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Now now, it's a normal forum discussion :)
    There is nothing wrong with some people not having the same opinion about the game as others.

triturbo and KY_BULLET like this.
  8. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just started playing. I like the game so far, it runs like butter with all visuals turned up. It’s optimized very good I think, no studders, frame dips, just butter smooth! Averaging about 42fps everything maxed out in 4K, and streaming it live to Twitch It’s not to tough to run on my laptop. So I’m happy about that.

Graphics are ok. The game just doesn’t feel like Far cry 2 did? “FARCRY 2 provides that immersive experience, of like man this is s video game?!” Farcry2 has burned a memory in my head, of running from bad guys in jeeps, while I crash off a bridge after breaking the railing and driving in to this beautiful water, while bullets are are trailing through the ocean as my vehicle is sinking!

Far cry 5 is well, It’s good so far, but nothing amazing..I dunno.. maybe it’s just me? I’ll report back after more time put in, but it’s not wowing me at all. I hope it does..

the game is getting better and better the longer I play it. Standing at the very top of that radio tower is awesome!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    triturbo and hmscott like this.
  9. Tonrac

Tonrac Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I prefer my 80 fps average maxed out @ QHD ;)
    Far Cry 5 is a good game but if it don't feel AMAZING, it's because the recipe still nearly the same since Far Cry3 ... Oh look that bad vilain ... you re the ONE ... the only hope, you must liberate camp to increase the resistance. Ho! a boring quests ... but i have to do in order to progress.
    Have a good game ;)

10. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Well whenever next gen gpu comes out, with 4K 100HZ+ it should be a huge visual upgrade for you.

Btw, I turned off AA, Shadows to normal, still at 4K. Locked at 57fps limit set in riva tuner (3) FPS below refresh rate! It’s crazy smooth.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Tonrac likes this.