Far cry 5 looking good

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Mar 15, 2018.

1. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's theradbrad, one of the best youtube game streamer!

Not to spoil anyone but the graphics is 7 out of 10 ;). Games like The division, Wildlands, D EX Mankind Divided and Crysis 3 have better graphics fidelity and physics. Btw for those who bought the gold edition did you receive the key for Far Cry 3 as part of the bundle? I still did't receive mine and it's not showing on my Uplay account. I want to make that as a give a way here if possible.

FarCry5_2018_03_30_10_12_50_101.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    hmscott likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    never heard of him, anyways I beat the game and its my first time beating a game since mass effect 3, and all I can say is what the heck....metacritic gives it like 81 percent.....quite possibly the funnest game ive played since mario bros

3. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    watched the ending of FC5 on a livestream and it sucked so bad....you always lose.

4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Welp, against my better judgment I bought Far Cry 5. I blame Justified. Just started watching it recently, damn fine shown. FC5 gave me similar vibes, given you play as a US Marshall surrounded by rednecks and all.

I’m almost finished taking down the third baddie in the game, so it means I’m almost at the end. After spending 13h in game all I can say that this one feels very mediocre.

In short, FC5 is a typical Ubisoft game. I know, don’t fix what isn’t broken, but at least try to innovate a bit. Obviously for Ubi innovate means same things with slight refinements, but bigger than the last time. Same slightly better gunplay, same drug trips, samey crazy people as antagonists and so forth.

However this time we get four nutcases instead of just one, but unfortunately all of them are boring as hell. The story has a nice hook at first, but later it just comes down to filling the “resistance meter” by completing various missions. There are a LOT of missions, but as usual, Ubisoft goes for quantity over of quality. Some are good, but the vast majority are hit and miss. To be honest, I couldn’t tell apart which are story and which are secondary, they pretty much feel all the same.

Anyway, when you fill the “resistance meter” at certain points, you get kidnapped or better to call it teleported to the area boss, and then he/she starts spewing nonsense in a cutscene I couldn’t care less about, as they are rather poorly made. A lot of monologueing is also done over the radio, which I think is just lazy. Of course, once meter fills you get to fight the boss, kill him/her, and do the same in another region. Story wise I also miss the character ark your character had in FC3. You saw Jason change throughout the story of FC3 by interecting with its main characters. In FC5 it is non existent.

World map, as one would expect from a Ubisoft game, has also became bigger. At first I was fooled by the map view, seemed like it became smaller, but it’s is not. It’s bigger than ever. It’s a pretty well made world, though for me nothing stands out really. Biggest problem with the game world is that the game doesn’t let you enjoy it. Every 10 meters or so you get attacked. Seriously you can’t enjoy exploring this world in peace. I understand that cult terrorizes the territory and hunts the protagonist, but even after I defeated the area boss and liberated all outposts in the said area, I still got attacked on a regular basis. I would expect the attacks to go down a bit. Seriously, given the amount I have killed so far, wouldn’t the cult be out of the fresh meat to go out to kill me? Moreover ridiculous spawn rates often make traveling by main roads unbearable as well as lead to yet another problem. There are NPC which give you missions. When they sense enemy presence they instantly go into “attack mode.” Guess how well it goes in this game if you are standing on the main road… You can’t start or end a conversation normally, as you get attacked every 5 seconds. And you have to listen to the monologue over and over again.

Moving to AI, what AI? It’s non existent! Both enemy and your team. I know that some cultists are brain washed, so they can act stupid, no problem, but again, given the amount of people I have killed, wouldn’t some cultist try to take the threat serious, for example not attacking straight up.

Speaking of attacking straight up, I found that stealth is not a good option in this game, well at least not very enjoyable, and just bluntly attacking head on is more fun. Just shoot the alarms and then it’s Hurk and his cousin raging hell on the area. When the AI doesn’t crap out that is…
    Guns for hire characters feel a bit disappointing though. Don’t expect Bioware levels of monologues/dialogues from them. They have just a couple of phrases for each of them, which are constantly repeated, so you will get bored from them very soon.

Few other things:
    - Graphically this game looks a bit dated. And I don’t seem to recall any weather going on in this game. It runs well though.
    - Surprised to see Ubisoft cut down on weapons. Especially when FC3 and FC4 had a pretty lengthy arsenal and after playing Wildlands with it impressive weapon customization, FC5 feels very disappointing in this department.
    - Been playing FC5 from the day one, and so far only seen a few bugs, major being the bug in Death Wish missions, and the other being GFH monologue/dialogue sound issue (they start speaking then they speech gets cut off and then they start speaking same thing again, and this loop can go on for quite a bit).
    - I found gunplay to be quite enjoyable in this game, maybe the best between “FC3 generation” games.
    - Microtransactions. Yes, this is a Ubisoft game, so there are microtransacations even in a single player game, which also has a SP and for obvious reasons not included in it. Also very sneaky how it offers you to buy (luckily for in-game currency) secondary ammo (rockets, bombs) when you run out of it in a vehicle.

Overall, a very by the numbers sequel. Bigger and more refined than the last time. Some fun can definitely be had, but the meal is getting very stale and I think Ubi should rethink the formula for the next game.

5. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ubisoft are just doing what they have always done: build a franchise and pump a new game out every year so they can make money, like they do with Assassin's Creed. All the big publishers are guilty of this though, and i'm equally uninterested in all the big AAA franchises (CoD, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry et cetera).

killkenny1 likes this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    triturbo, hmscott and Arrrrbol like this.
  8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    According to the Steam page, FC3 won't unlock until May 29.

I'm interested in getting this, but it seems like I should probably wait until it goes on sale.

cj_miranda23 likes this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    cj_miranda23 likes this.
  10. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If your're not preoccupied playing other games then this is a must buy IMO regardless of its price lol. I usually reserves buying game at their orignal price for the likes of GTA, RDR, Last OF Us and hopefully Crackdown 3 and I can wholeheartedly say FC5 is as fun and worthy of its price as those mentioned!

saturnotaku and hmscott like this.