1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Fan control utility

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by Mechanized Menace, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mechanized Menace

Mechanized Menace Lost in the MYST

Reputations:
    Is there one that will work on the m17x R2 I havent found one I would just like to control the fan speeds. anyone know where i can find one Speedfan, rivatuner didnt work

2. airplaneman

airplaneman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Google "SpeedFan Download" to download it, but that won't work. I don't believe there is a fan controller for laptops.

3. akluin

akluin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There isn't soft to do that.

4. debaucher

debaucher Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unfortunately since i8kfangui is no longer in development there is no real way to control your fanspeeds on laptops.

I used to use that program on my Inspiron E1705 and it was the best (actually kept that thing running despite the graphic card problems that plagued that line for a long time)

So, unless he decides to go back in to developing the program (not likely) we are SOL

D.

5. BatBoy

BatBoy NBR Community Moderator

Reputations:
    The 17x has more than adequate cooling. I wouldn't worry much about it. Just be sure to allow for unrestricted air flow to the bottom of the system and you will be fine.