Fallout 76, Hitman 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Battlefield 5 FLOPPED and Now HALF OFF!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Nov 27, 2018.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    There are plenty of people who did play it and rate it poorly.
    As for me, after my disappointment with Fallout 4, no way I'm giving my money to Beth for this abomination...

Dennismungai and hmscott like this.
  2. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I loved Fallout 4 and was hoping for a Fallout 5, moving the story on in some years and in another new location so there would be a ton of stuff to explore with a whole new load of quests and then expansions/DLC's to continue the story on.

Ok I grant you that FO4 had many flaws, and you had to follow certain frustrating storylines (like not being able to wipe out those damn Minutemen for example), not to mention that tedious DIMA's Memory Puzzle nonsense - but there were a lot of good parts in the game as well. I spent hundreds of hours playing it, making settlements and exploring the many bunkers and then purchasing the expansion packs, following the stories through to their end and getting companions to trust me - although they often kept getting stuck in places and getting me into fights I could have easily avoided solo!

Coming from playing Fallout New Vegas (which I didn't enjoy anyway as near as much), FO4 was like opening up a whole new world to me, and I even upgraded my gaming pc to play it :D

Having to wait all this time for the next installment of the Fallout series, then hearing the news that it was going to be online only, (but you could play it solo, really - why do you have to be online then?), and had PvP and no NPC's and went back in time (WTF?) was really disappointing to hear.

TBH I haven't played it myself, I actually cancelled my pre-order but I do have friends who have (and many of them have asked for a refund) and I've watched many reviews about it and seen a lot of the gameplay and sadly its not for me. Bethesda messed this one up - but if they did change tack and bring out a FO5 I would probably buy it!

So to console myself I'm off to kick my cat (gently) and I'll quote the old saying

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck". :p

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  3. killkenny1

Reputations:
    In my case, my Fallout 4 experience was quite the opposite - boring story, butchered dialogue system and RPG elements, quests even worse than in Ubisoft games... And worst of them all - knowing Obsidian will never work on FO sequel again...
    But that's okay, Bethesda will shove "war never changes" quotes and Pip/Vault/Fallout (whichever name it is) boy into player throats without realizing what Fallout really is about...

Now if you will excuse me, I need to calm myself down with some music...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Starlight5, Woodking and hmscott like this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'm hoping for Fallout 5 too.

RE: Fallout 76 - As soon as they said no NPC's and Open World with no stories - you make your own - I thought it was going to be a "lame" duck, which is certainly how it's turned out - along with the usual Bethesda screw-up's.

It won't even be a good candidate for purchase when the price drops after it's old, as without the servers it's useless. No long term prospects for sales, another genius idea. :)

Woodking and killkenny1 like this.
  5. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here's one of my personal faves for ya then :D

And one more? Oh go on then!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    hmscott and killkenny1 like this.
  6. kingofswag187

kingofswag187 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As someone who actually played it, yeah it's pretty bad

7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    Nice songs indeed.

But Fallout 1/2 soundtrack...
    I love traveling through the wasteland, filled with destruction and sadness, seeing what used to be a great civilization, now turned to dust. And although many try to rebuild, and there seems to be hope that one day we might forget the tragedy of the past, and start living and breathing freely again, yet even in these hard times people still try to kill one another... War... War never changes...
    And all this to the eerie music of FO1/2...
    Holly hell, the game atmosphere just went over 9000!

hmscott and Woodking like this.
  8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    LOL

Woodking and hmscott like this.
  9. TR2N

TR2N Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can add Just Cause 4 to this thread.

KING19 and hmscott like this.
  10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, I saw the complaints, and I was disappointed as I was looking forward to JC4. Too disappointed to even post anything about it yet... sigh. Thanks for getting the ball rolling... :)

Just Cause 4 vs Just Cause 3 | Direct Comparison
    Nick930
    Published on Dec 5, 2018
    Graphical comparison between the recently released Just Cause 4 and Just Cause 3.

History of Just Cause (2006 - 2018)
    Nick930
    Published on Nov 30, 2018
    The full history of the "Just Cause" video game franchise, starting with the creation of Avalanche Studios, and ending with the impending release of Just Cause 4.

Some game play...

I'M A MAJESTIC EAGLE! | Just Cause 4 #1
    jacksepticeye
    Published on Nov 30, 2018
    Time to explode everything and fly like a mad man, why!?.... Just Cause

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    TR2N likes this.