1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Fake Blu-Ray Drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by tekian, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Formerly ClutchX2

He actually already described AVCREC to everyone in the original posting and it has nothing todo with normal bluray discs.

Useful format for those of us who have a small amount of HD content to distribute but dont have bluray burners. HD DVD supported the same concept where HD DVD compatible content could be burned to DVD's in its limited capacity.

Outside of the error possibly pointing to the support issue, AVREC has nothing todo with this.

2. tekian

tekian Notebook Geek

What annoys me is that I can't find a product page for this drive at all. LITE-ON IT doesn't even have it listed. So any chance of updating firmware is kinda out the window with this.

Ugh. Really don't want to spend another $80 on AnyDVD HD when I can put that to a new drive :(. Ken still hasn't gotten back to me yet, though I'm sure his PM Box is probably swamped with other business questions.

3. dr_korb

dr_korb Notebook Consultant

It appears that it is an OEM product for Acer Europe.

Part number is KO.0020F.001

4. tekian

tekian Notebook Geek

Awesome. Thanks so much, Korb. Now to find a firmware update/download for it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.