F.e.a.r.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by doobie04, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doobie04

doobie04 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    has anybody tried the demo yet. im dowloading it now.

2. LuckMC11

LuckMC11 Computer Extraoirdinaire NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    i wanna get that game!!!!...i'll ttry that demo :D

3. JackBauer

JackBauer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've been playing the demo for a little while. It's pretty impressive, but crashes a lot. I suppose that's not too unusual for a pre-release demo. I just hope these bugs are worked out by the time the game is released in October.

4. LuckMC11

Reputations:
    where do u download the demo from????

5. JackBauer

JackBauer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got it from www.fileplanet.com.

6. doobie04

doobie04 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i havent had any crashes yet, and it runs pretty good i guess. the gameplay is fast. i like the explosions and sparks everywhere when your shooting at enemies. this game is creepy.

i run everything on medium im going to try high in a little while. my specs are dell i9300, pm 2ghz, 2gb ram, gf go 6800.

7. lowlymarine

lowlymarine Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I downloaded the demo and ran it at all settings at maximum + 2xAF and 2xAA. It ran fairly smoothlyfor the most part, with a couple of dips to about 25FPS. The graphics are seriously almost 3dMark05 quality. It's insane. However the gameplay turns out (and it's looking pretty awesome so far), this is definately going to be THE graphical benchmarking game of 2005.

As for the gameplay, it's a nice combination of tactical thinking and furious shooting, certainly better than Doom 3's ambush after ambush, but not quite as open as broad as HL2. Still, it creates atmoshpere, what with the strange visions and ominously low, without being Doom 3's irritating dark, lighting. Also, chunks of walls fly and sparks shoot out as you hit things with stray gunfire. The physics are accurate if a bit over exaggerated at times, and, yes, the now all-but-obilgatory nail-your-enemies-to-the-walls-by-the-head gun is here, a la Painkiller's Stakegun.

Note: One thing to add is that this game is NOT for the faint-of-heart. It is DARK. Not Doom 3 pitch-black dark, but ominous dark. And full of blood. Bloody walls, bloody floors, bloody bodies, bloody everything. Realistic blood at that. And a fair bit of foul language, as if that even mattered at this point. F.E.A.R., like Monolith's own Blood series before it (which you can clearly see borrowed heavily from here), sets out to earn its "Mature" rating.

8. LuckMC11

Reputations:
    anywhere else to get the demo w/o signing up for anything??

9. lowlymarine

lowlymarine Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got it from 3Dgamers. They usually don't have any lines and I don't think you have to sign up.

10. JackBauer

JackBauer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.