1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

External Speakers for laptop

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by michael1107, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael1107

michael1107 Newbie

Reputations:
    Howdy everyone,

I just got a Toshiba Satellite P200 with the Harmon Kardon speakers. I've been a desktop guy forever, but the wife wanted a laptop...gotta keep the Mrs. happy, right? Anyway, it sounds great, but I'd like to have some richer sound quality than what the laptop speakers can provide when I'm working on it in the office.

Since this is my first laptop, I've got what's probably going to be a rather silly question...how do you connect external speakers, like the Creative 2.1 set I had on my desktop, to the laptop??? Is it simply a matter of plugging the jack that was in the "Audio Out" port on my soundcard into the headphones jack on the laptop?

The headphone jack on my Toshiba is in the front, so it'll be a bit of a pain to have the wire running around the front of the machine? Are wireless speakers an option? Does anyone make a good sounding set?

Again, apologies if this is a bonehead question...first laptop and all.

Thanks...

2. mythless

mythless King of Pies

Reputations:
    well, yes you plug it into the headphone jack. But, if you don't like that you can some more $ on an external soundcard.