External G-sync monitor FPS drops to 0 /freeze/stutter temporary fix

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by qwerty0025, May 24, 2017.

1. qwerty0025

qwerty0025 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Here's my description of it in CS:GO . Menu lags , loading takes forever, when basically when it loads something it lags.

Like this:

2. openglcg

openglcg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah it is the longer (you could almost call it freezing) stutter. Happens on loading and menus mostly. And some games that load / stream resources while you play will be unplayable because it will happen in game alot. In overwatch it happens when i open the social tab. In heroes of the storm it happens in draft and in game.

3. CTLVR

CTLVR Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes , i had the same thing in both WoW and D3 . I thought its a faulty external display or something . But its fixed now . Tried internal LCD panel w gsync , terrible results . While there is no stutter , but there is very apparent tearing in game , and its not buttery smooth as it used to be . Even though gsync indicator is ON , its just not working . In both win 10 versions . Also , ive only experienced this stuttering on an external monitor , never on an internal panel .

For my internal panel to work correctly i remember downgrading the driver down to something like 378.xx . I dont know what nvidia does in their headquarters , but they better fix that 200 dollar junk . We are paying extra for something thats broken .

4. openglcg

Reputations:
    Man I hear you. I'm mad. But its not even clear who to be mad at. Is the windows 10 update really a huge clusterfuck for nvidia drivers? Are nvidia just lazy as **** and saying haha screw those stupid laptop gsync gamers? Is it a complicated issue that has so many causes and conditions to test that they confusingly thought they fixed it because thier fix worked for them but doesnt work for most other people?

Given that A)NVIDIA calimed it was a 1080 issue in their driver notes despite it affecting 1070 users and even you on a 970m and B)It seems to be fixed for you when using an external monitor but not for others of us using the same windows build (just pro not enterprise)

...I think that it is a mix of lazy as **** and hard to test/nail down.

The good news is that at least they have acknowledged that it exists and started TRYING to fix it.

Usually once a company tries to fix something in code and fails they will keep trying for a while. It just looks really bad for the programmers, management, and the company as a whole.

5. sumwhatkiller

sumwhatkiller Newbie

Reputations:
    Guess I'm not gunna be using my external display for awhile...[​IMG]

6. qwerty0025

qwerty0025 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Now this is getting ridiculous..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stress Tech likes this.
  7. qwerty0025

qwerty0025 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  8. CTLVR

CTLVR Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Great news for the notebook community ! Let us hope it will work as intended !

Stress Tech likes this.
  9. qwerty0025

qwerty0025 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've heard this before :) . I hope second time is the charm in this case . :p

10. openglcg

Reputations:
    So another month... Im missing out on 5 months of updates.

I swear to god if they dont fix it by the end of november im posting on every forum on the internet about this problem. And not in a nice way.