Extended repair experiences with Mythlogic?

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by TSamee, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSamee

TSamee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, I think I mailed it December 18th or 19th. Maybe a little earlier. In fairness to them I didn't expect it back for at least another month because of Christmas. And then of course they had to order a whole replacement motherboard, which likely got delayed because of the Chinese New Year at the end of January. I know the whole country kind of locks up for two weeks during that. That was probably the last time I really knew what was going on with this thing until I posted here and they said they would replace the whole computer. It's sort of sucked feeling like I've had to regularly follow up to make sure anything's being done, because I'm usually really busy with work, to the point where I had to buy a second laptop just because I needed one for productivity. And of course once I had that, this was the last thing I was thinking about.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. robbug

robbug Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ya 7 months is excessive. They must be having some serious internal issues.

3. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    If a reseller really wanted to, they can arrange/order parts and have the machine back to you in a month and a half AT THE MOST.

4. TSamee

Reputations:
    What's more worrying is their phone number has stopped working and their rep has stopped replying on these forums. If this ends up being a wash I don't think I can do small resellers/builders again. Getting shafted on service and pricing by Dell or HP, or doing my own build, probably beats this. Anyway, I'm still hopeful. Let's see.

5. TSamee

Reputations:
    Update: Mythlogic just sent me tracking saying the machine will be here tomorrow. I perhaps shouldn't have been so harsh/hopeless above. It looks like the same situation it's been for a lot of customers over the last month: they are working towards making things right after a huge lapse, but communication is lacking. Considering they probably have one person handling all this firefighting on the forums and customer service, I can't really blame them for that. Will post an update, hopefully my last, once the computer arrives.

bloodhawk likes this.
  6. yotano21

yotano21 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They are the one to blame for $hitty customer service. I'm sorry but 7 months, I would be looking at legal action or charge back.
    I have a small ebay business and if I dont ship within a certain amount of time I get bad feedback and banned from ebay. And I do the job of 10 positions, they are small but still lots of positions.

bloodhawk likes this.
  7. TSamee

Reputations:
    Haha, nothing to apologise for. I really don't know what to do besides get my computer back and go about my life, so I'm handling it that way. Legal stuff is too ugly for me, and kind of out of my means anyway (I'm still in school). I wouldn't even know where to start.

8. yotano21

Reputations:
    Did you get a new laptop for all that wait or maybe a upgrade.

9. TSamee

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's a new machine. I think they swapped my old drives in but they're wiped and formatted, so it's a clean slate. I think it's a Dia 1616, with a 7700HQ and GTX 1070 in it. Even the 1060 benchmarks a little better than my old 980M so it should be a nice performance boost.

hmscott likes this.
  10. yotano21

Reputations:
    So you went from a 980m to 1060 or 1070

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.