Experience with XoticPC

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Indep102, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indep102

Indep102 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys

I was curious what others' experience with XoticPC was like?

About 10 days ago i ordered a new MSI GT73VR from them and i have been quite disappointed with the process.

My payment cleared the same day and my order status didnt change for 7 days when it changed to a status very similar to the original status.

I emailed them and tried calling and didnt get a call back. The email i got back was a simple "i expect the status to change soon"

Today i called them and they finally admitted that the laptop i ordered was out of stock (despite there being no indication of that for 10 days including the day i bought it, the other laptops that were not instock had estimated dates on their pages)

So for 10 days and through 3 emails and 2 phone calls no one told me it wasnt in stock until today. Then when i ask when they expect it in stock, he couldnt give me an ETA.

I finally decided to cancel the order and order from someone else instead and was then told it would take 5 days to get my refund processed.

I left feeling frustrated and have decided i will avoid them in the future.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I heard great things about them but im confused now.

UPDATE: Thanks to Tanner@Xotic on the forums here, i have stopped the cancellation process and they are rushing my order for me.

Seems like the in-stock situation was beyond their control since the distributor didnt communicate effectively with them.

So long as Tanner's commitment to rush the order out holds true (im sure it will) i will be sure to rate Xotic highly as they have done a stellar job to earn my business back.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    mason2smart and hmscott like this.
  2. exmeaguy

exmeaguy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Same thing. A lot of delays.

3. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I am quite sorry if there was an issue with your order, I would love to personally help out and see what the issue was to clarify anything on our side. With the new models we have been flying through stock but PM me your order number and I can see what can be done of course.

4. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you PM your order number I can look into it for you!

5. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Its important for stock numbers to be accurate, but smaller companies don't always have good systems to update it well. Talking with @Tanner@XoticPC should be your best bet for an accurate eta. (Though Xotic should try to step there game up with that, it's totally not just them.)

6. Indep102

Reputations:
    I PM'd Tanner

Hopefully something positive will come from this. Yeah i realize stock is hard to track sometimes but i really wish they had reached out to me instead of me chasing them for 10 days.

7. AngryPeanut

AngryPeanut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's not always up to them. They put in an order with the manufacturer only to find out from them later that they're out of stock.

8. Indep102

Reputations:

No, i dont think thats really how it works... when a retailer says they have something in stock, it usually means they have the item sitting there on a shelf.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  9. AngryPeanut

AngryPeanut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It depends on the product and wether or not they have it in the store. For example - when I ordered a Sager laptop from them, they had ordered it for me from Sager in California. When I ordered an Acer predator(when it just came out), they did the same only to find out it was out of stock later.

When I ordered my GT72 - they actually had it on the shelf. With your laptop I suspect that because it was just released, they had to order it directly from MSI just like I did with the predator.

10. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Depends on the quality of service - here on most online shops I can see how many pieces of hw are in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.