Experience re: soft touch

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by juztmello, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmassey31545

pmassey31545 Whats the mission sir?

Reputations:
    I have had 3 M17x R3's and currently have the M18. No issues with any of them.

More to this story????? Elaborate.

2. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The M15x is painted black, not soft touch.
    I was moving it in class when the edge, the right hand speaker on the lower corner hit the edge of an imac and the paint chipped off.

Now... I just noticed today that my M11X is actually peeling a slight bit on basically all the corners.
    What's everyone's thought about this? Worth calling Dell? It's not vital, just looka a bit "meh"...
    Might call a month or two before my 1-year warranty ends... :S

3. quickie

quickie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have had my M14x since when it first came out. I have taken it to the desert in 29 palms California for a month, and now I am currently in Afghanistan. Dirt has gotten in the laptop and everything. I used to keep it in a neoprene sleeve for transport now its in the Orion backpack. I just did a in depth inspection on it. The only blemishes i found were the keyboard and touch pad is glossy from the use. There is no peeling on the soft touch. I do hate that dirt gets in the speaker grill, I can not get it out for the life of me. BTW I am OCD when it comes to cleaning my stuff, and being a Marine the Laptop takes a beating. Its held up quite nicely though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.