]]>

EVOC PA71HS-G 4K i7-7820HK from HIDevolution

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by jsstp24n5, Nov 19, 2017.

1. jsstp24n5

jsstp24n5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Despite @Phoenix warning ;), I decided run the AIDA64 stability test again (with HWiNFO64 sensors only in the background). This time results were much better. The difference is I had the back of the laptop raised up several inches and also had the fans on maximum for the duration of the entire test (last time I started on auto, then switched to maximum after about 10 minutes). The temps stabilized at about 86C for the CPU and 75C for the GPU after about 20 minutes. No throttling. So then I decided to lower the back of the laptop and immediately noticed the GPU temp rising to above 80C, and as a result the CPU temp rose above 90C, at which point I stopped the test.

In terms of games, I'm still d/l some to test with. But those I will probably test with the back of the laptop on a flat surface.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. st0neski

st0neski Newbie

Reputations:
    Just play some fun games and enjoy the toasty warmth

jsstp24n5 likes this.
  3. Tuan Hoang

Tuan Hoang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Coming from the PowerSpec 1710, I'd recommend you raising the bottom up for better airflow, since the feet is too low to provide enough surface area for the fans.
    Did you stress test both the CPU and GPU together? I did on mine and noticed the higher temps when GPU is taken into account, compared to stressing just the CPU alone. Check my post here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/powerspec-1710-1510.809785/page-49#post-10675715
    P/s: oh btw, mine has a 7700HQ. Did you overclock your 7820HK?

jsstp24n5 likes this.
  4. jsstp24n5

jsstp24n5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I was not overclocking the CPU. And yes, the test was stressing everything except the SSDs.