EVOC P870DM-G Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Wow! Just saw this on HIDevolution's website! Silicon Lottery CPUs, factory overclock, 2800 MHz RAM, Prema BIOS/VBIOS, all covered under warranty! This is the enthusiasts' dream laptop and even great for people who do not want to take chances with the crappy 6700Ks which might be either great overclocking CPUs or overheat and thermal throttle even at stock speeds!

If I could turn back time, I wouldn't have ordered my laptop from Eurocom.

EVOC P870DM-G Gaming Laptop

@Mr. Fox @Papusan @GTVEVO

[​IMG]

EVOC.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

[​IMG]

4.png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    jaug1337, Mr. Fox and Prema like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Wow, that's a sweet set up, but I think they are still working up the form, it's only got M4000/M5000 options for GPU right now, but mentioned the others in the text near the top.

It also needs to have the G-sync support for the 4k screen added.

And, finally, add the 2 x 980 option...

Love the Silicon Lottery Cherry Picking logo added to the banner :)

Papusan and Spartan like this.
  3. Spartan

Reputations:
    Did you not see this:

11.png

22.png

hmscott and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    This model would be too expensive for me to buy outside Norway. + $ 7,800 for the exactly same setup that I paid $ 3,750 for. Over the double price for the same machine and with 2 years shorter warranty than what I get at home.
    But worth every penny for those who don't have to pay high extra taxes to their country's government:) and hate BGA:D

Georgel, Spartan and hmscott like this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    That's pretty funny, I was going through clicking options, and somehow went to the end of the screen list - skipping the first ones thinking they were lower end, and just clicked the last +$600 one.

That triggered the GPU selections to disappear the GTX selections and change to Quadro... :)

Perhaps, maybe, don't do it that way? :oops::rolleyes:o_O

While I stopped and asked questions, someone else might have done the same and skipped on to another site...

The traditional selection of Screen's, unconnected to GPU, is cleaner and less confusing.

Also, if you are going to tie them together, splitting the changing choices onto another page where you can't see them change while selecting a screen contributed to the confusion - if I saw GPU's change as I clicked the Screen's selection, I would have noticed they were connected - and investigated closer.

Glad to see everything I want, except for the 2 x 980's, is available ... :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Mine only came out to $5187...with 2 x 980m's, but I am holding out for 2 x 980's.

Maybe we should ask you to buy for us, and export from Norway ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Spartan and Papusan like this.
  7. Spartan

Reputations:
    Do you think they can offer two 980 GTX (desktop class) in the P870DM-G chassis or not yet?

8. Spartan

Reputations:
    @hmscott

I just sent them an email asking about the possibility of two 980 desktop class GTX GPUs. Heck I'd buy it if it's possible.

hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Why not?, MSI did it, up to a point, a 1 x 330w point to feed 2 x 980.

I don't know why MSI locks the GT80S down to supporting only the power of 1 x 330w, instead of 2 x 330w, but they must have a good reason based on their hardware.

Maybe it's because MSI doesn't need to do better. There aren't any other 2 x 980 laptops to compete, so MSI can pull back on the reigns and leave some performance improvement so Pascal looks better.

The Clevo power through to the 2 x 980m is greater than MSI has to the 2 x 980, supporting 2 x 330w will go a long way toward feeding 2 x 165w or 180w 980's.

It's possible that even the P870DM with 2 x 330w might not be enough to fully stretch the legs of 2 x 980, but it's worth a try.

Or not, it's likely too close to Pascal release to do a 2 x 980 now, so we wait for 2 x Pascal.

10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Don't get them all lathered up on my account, I won't be buying till my GT80 is placed into the tender hands of the new owner. That may be another month the way it's playing out.

Spartan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.