EVOC P650RS-G 15.6" Custom Built Gaming Laptop w/ nVIDIA GTX 1070 w/ G-Sync

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by T.V.Rousselle, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godfather Ezio

Godfather Ezio Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was not able to completely understand your question about graphics card, so here are all of the ones I mentioned about:
    P750DM2G - Gtx 1060 or 1070
    Razer Blade : Gtx 1060 Ultra Lightweight
    Razer Blade Stealth : Integrated Graphics

Actually Razer Blade and Razer Blade stealth can use Razer Core, an external GPU dock which support even the largest gpu's. So you can leave your Razer Core in the office while you carry the ultrabook to the class. The only problem with that is the underpowered dual core i7, which is not good for rendering.

2. mishkasm

mishkasm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here is a link to the P650 from Xotic: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8152s-clevo-p650rp6.html

I assume HIDevolution has something very similar?

EDIT: here is the link from HIDevolution http://www.hidevolution.com/evoc-p6...gaming-laptop-w-nvidia-gtx-1060-w-g-sync.html

About $1,400 for what you need. You can mess with some of the options, but I bet you could stay under $1,800 as long as you keep GTX 1600.

In general I think the FHD screen, the i7-6700HQ, and the GTX 1600 will be good. But even with these battery life is really only going to be around 2-3 hours I think. You'll be pretty hard pressed to get much more out of it. Although come to think of it the Gigabyte Aero 14 is supposed to have 5+ hour battery life. It has a GTX 970M, so quite a step down from GTX 1600, but if you are ok with it it seems to otherwise be a pretty powerful little laptop with a good battery life.

Godfather Ezio likes this.
  3. Xileforce

Xileforce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Will the more powerful GPU really matter though in terms of battery life? If he switched to Intel GPU when in the classroom it should be nearly equal. The 4k will definitely use more power. I'd say the p650rp6 is your best bet assuming the 1060 is enough for power. Consider that a 1060 is nearly equal to a desktop 980. Prob slightly slower due to thermal limitations of laptop but still top end if this was only a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.