EVOC HIDevolution Laptops Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Nauzhror, May 18, 2020.

1. Nauzhror

Nauzhror Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The TDPs are lowered to 65w which has minimal hit on performance and even then because they are 7nm chips...their power usage is going to be on par or better than intels mobile lineup when putting load on the cpu lol so they are going to be just fine!. Only thing that may haunt you is clevos fan profile which is usually awful...but that is a simple fix with the tools from @John@OBSIDIAN-PC when support for the chassis get added, basically a must buy if the models get supported.

Its not a higher end unit like the P870 or P7, so if you can live with that for the price to performance aspect of it all both seem solid. Fingers crossed an amd variant of the replacement to the P775/P750/P870 shows up though, would make 10th gen version moot.

3. Nauzhror

Reputations:
    Awful fan profile in what sense? Loud? That doesn't bother me at all. Fans not running full speed when they should be would be far more worrisome for me.

Also, what about them isn't "higher end"? Just the fact that it's a plastic chassis? Inferior display?The display says it is 72% NTSC, which should be 100% sRGB, perhaps not spectacular, but far from bad IMO.

4. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah the fan profiles tend to run very aggressive when its not needed but if it ends up not being a bother its just money saved lol. The displays across the the entire lineup are basically the same you just may have higher end options with different SI depending what they order in or have to swap themselves (or just as a cheap DIY in future!) The biggest difference is the lack of more substantial cooling for the processor and video card as well as less drive mounting its just less thought out not necessarily a bad package just slightly cheaper exterior too. they just havent shown AMD the love since the NH lineup still in their entry-mid DTR body since there is no market history of success with amd in laptops.

If you take a look at the upcoming Clevo X170 which is going to be their new flagship chassis youll see where the love went :( imagine a 3950x with that things cooling system instead lol

5. Nauzhror

Reputations:
    @Donald@HIDevolution

I see that you are selling laptops with Ryzen 3900 and RTX 2070's, and laptops with i7-10875H's and RTX 2070 Super's. Are there any plans to combine the two and couple 2070 Supers with AMD processors?

6. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Company representatives are not allowed to post in this sub-forum! It's best to PM him.

Papusan likes this.