Everyone with ANY model of Razer laptop, can you please check something for me?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by EddyM2, Feb 21, 2021.

1. EddyM2

EddyM2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh wow really?! That is *very* useful to know, thanks so much!

Have you ever tried any other USB-C chargers with either of them? Another issue with my 2019 model is that it won't work properly with any other charger I've tried (I really wanted a smaller one to put in my laptop bag). It always draws much less power than each charger is capable of providing, so I strongly suspect it's all part of the same issue really. With a 60w charger the CPU was still power-limited as if it was running on the battery, and with anything more than very light use it started draining the battery (and making a horrible electrical noise from the laptop itself) - even though it only goes above 60w on the original charger with very heavy use, and I confirmed the charger had no problem providing the full 60w to a friend's Dell laptop.

So I'm guessing (and hoping) your 2020 one won't have any of that problem either?

Padron431 likes this.
  2. Padron431

Padron431 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Yes, I tried other chargers, but it never charged as well as with the original power supply. Although I haven't found any other smaller 100 watt power supply either. I have a 60 and 80 watt power supply here, and it never charges more than it consumes while playing. In normal use, it works and charges. But it didn't make any strange noises or limit the processor. or I did not notice whether it is limiting. Tomorrow I'll test the 2020 model to see if it does anything strange.

EddyM2 likes this.
  3. EddyM2

EddyM2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That would be great, thanks :) Would be particularly useful to know how much load it takes for it to start draining the battery on the 60w charger (perhaps measured by "CPU Package Power" and "GPU Power" in HWiNFO if possible - and then you'd also know whether it's power-limiting the CPU or not)