Every game at E3 2018, and its PC outlook

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hmscott, Jun 11, 2018.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Every game at E3 2018 and its PC outlook
    Here's what we've seen so far, and whether you'll get to play them on PC.
    By PC Gamer 2018-06-09T21:49:30.159Z
    https://www.pcgamer.com/every-game-at-e3-2018-and-its-pc-outlook/

Games at E3 2018
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2018

"The Games at E3 2018 list includes all games that are confirmed, suspected, and rumored to appear at E3 2018 in some form (not necessarily in "playable" form). Playable games are marked with a † symbol."

Every Video Game Trailer From E3 2018
    By Hannah Shaw-Williams– June 09, 2018
    https://screenrant.com/e3-2018-every-game-trailer/

Long lists... which one(s) are you most looking forward to playing? :)

Devil May Cry 5 !!
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/devil-may-cry-5.818129/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Fallout 76 looks interesting, but I didn't realise the next one was going to be online only.

Played online games before like Everquest1 & 2 and a couple of the Star Wars and some of the gamers on there just ruined it for others and just argued for the sake of it.

Will have to see how it goes, would have much preferred it a non online one player game.

Arrrrbol and hmscott like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, my joy for Fallout 76 has definately been tempered, but wth it's been a long run of the "same thing", so adding an Online Component as the focus of the "new" might be fun... gonna have to try it to see if I like it. :)

https://www.cnet.com/news/bethesdas-e3-2018-press-conference-elder-scrolls-vi-starfield-fallout-76/

"Earlier at Microsoft's E3 conference, you'd be forgiven for thinking Fallout 76 was a brand-new Fallout game.

It is and it isn't.

Fallout 76 is expressly an online video game. "Of course you can play this solo," explained Howard. But he also mentioned that Fallout 76 is "entirely online".

The idea of Fallout 76: Every human you meet in the world is an actual human being in real life. But Howard stressed that this is a game that will be played with dozens of other players, not hundreds. Survival is the focus.

Howard did an incredible job of communicating the concept of this game to a player-base that might not interested in playing an online version of Fallout. "It's a little bit scary," he admitted, but tried to communicate that it was a journey he hoped to take with a community used to single-player experiences."

Reading it isn't the same as listening to him speak it. I got a more warm feeling that there will be plenty of Solo user play available to enjoy too...22:45...the bit before it is fun too starting at 20:05 "Atomics for Peace" :)

Fallout 76 Full Stage Show | Bethesda E3 2018
    GameSpot
    Published on Jun 10, 2018
    Watch Todd Howard's entire Fall Out presentation from the Bethesda E3 2018 press conference.

Yup, it looks like they are trying to make it a small comfortable experience, hopefully it'll be a success for them, and fun to play for us. :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Arrrrbol and Woodking like this.
  4. Woodking

Reputations:
    Four times the open world size of Fallout 4 will take some time to explore, and at least its not servers swamped with hundreds of users at peak times then. I think I'll get a preorder in from Amazon and this could be my Christmas present to myself as its not out until November 14th!

Thanks for posting all the info up for us :)

Edit, pre-ordered the PC DVD version and it's saying its saying Fallout 76 is now the Number 1 best selling PC game on Amazon UK!

Arrrrbol and hmscott like this.
  5. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Starfield has my interest, its been too long since we have had a good single player space RPG (since Mass Effect died). I'm still sceptical as to whether it will be any good as an RPG though as story is not Bethesda's strong point.

Apart from Fallout 76, there seems to be a small resurgence of the single player game at E3, hopefully it means game developers have gotten the message that we don't all want multiplayer.

hmscott likes this.
  6. thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Fallout76 isn't "gaming laptop friendly", by hiding single player behind an online only scheme Bethesda has gone full Ubisoft ...and even Ubisoft doesn't go full Ubisoft anymore.

hmscott and Arrrrbol like this.
  7. Woodking

Reputations:
    I too would like to hear more about Starfield, and agree with you that we dont all want multiplayer games these days.

If it turns out that Fallout 76 is PVP instead of PVE that's a dealbreaker for me, it's bad enough its online only. To then add the ability for other players to be able to completely destroy a players camp/settlement that took them ages to build and get just right would be foolish.

I do hope Bethesda get this right as its caused many problems in other online games. In the meantime I'm going to do another fresh run at Fallout 4, knowing that some spotty oik isn't going to get his hands on a nuke and destroy one of my settlements!

hmscott and Arrrrbol like this.
  8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Cyberpunk 2077 was basically the only thing I was interested in during this year's E3.
    Saw the trailer, bust a nut, and now I can continue waiting happily for the next 5 years...

A few other games I'm interested in.
    - New Tomb Raider - for sure story/characters will be not very good, but in this case I'm all in for that gameplay. PC doesn't have a lot of similar games, so I'm willing to let the rather crappy story/characters slide.
    - Dying Light 2 - didn't play the first one, but Chris Avellone's involvement in it peaked my interest. Will see what comes out of this and might even grab it.
    - Lootboxcoin - please, just take my money!

The rest is pretty much the same'o E3...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go and watch CP2077 trailer for the n-th time.

hmscott and Ifrin like this.
  9. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Cyperpunk 2077 "in-engine" trailer looks tight, but I expect the final product to be downgraded because it's CDPR after all. #TargetRender

hmscott likes this.
  10. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Excellent news regarding CP2077
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

killkenny1, cj_miranda23 and hmscott like this.